Sons' sorrow

Apparently one of the reasons McHattie didn't settle at Killie was that he still lives in Edinburgh. With Gary Locke at Raith I'd be surprised if we signed him to be honest.

It's probably because he's still not properly out of Bobby Linns pocket from the League cup game last August.

Harsh reality of football. If we are looking to sign alternative left sided defender types then no place for Doherty in starting 11 .

Personally comfortable enough with him but not anywhere other than left back . I would be wanting a better cm than MD and we have Stirling for left mid

Harsh reality of football. If we are looking to sign alternative left sided defender types then no place for Doherty in starting 11 .

Personally comfortable enough with him but not anywhere other than left back . I would be wanting a better cm than MD and we have Stirling for left mid

The thing is I'm not convinced McHattie is any better than Docherty, and so wouldn't be punting Sparky out the starting xi for a player who has spent much of his career being fairly dross at a higher level.

Alloa fans always said he was a better CM than LB however, so him doing the Routledge role alongside a more attacking centre mid could work.

Docherty played CM for Alloa and by all accounts done a fine job.

I'd have no issues shifting him there to accomodate McHattie.

Ach, stock response from Stevie there.  I'm encouraged by the fact that no one has said they won't sign for us yet regarding existing players.  It at leasts suggests that while folk are considering their options they're happy to sign up with us should a better offer not materialise.  

McHattie is a quality left back & I'm surprised he's linked with you (no offence). If he signed he would definitely guarantee a starting 11 place which makes me think if Sparky isn't put into centre mid, which he is more than capable of as season before last he played there full season & was a class act, then he'll be sitting on the bench. Sparky is too good to be sitting on the bench IMO & at this stage of his career he really can't afford it, is he signed up for next season as he may look at other options?

McHattie is a quality left back & I'm surprised he's linked with you (no offence). If he signed he would definitely guarantee a starting 11 place which makes me think if Sparky isn't put into centre mid, which he is more than capable of as season before last he played there full season & was a class act, then he'll be sitting on the bench. Sparky is too good to be sitting on the bench IMO & at this stage of his career he really can't afford it, is he signed up for next season as he may look at other options?

Sparky has been offered a deal but he has just returned from his stag do and is getting married this weekend. I believe he said in the paper he'd like to stay but his focus is on the wedding at the minute.

I'd be surprised of Sparky wasn't a starter for us next season (if he does indeed sign). A very solid, dependable 7/10 type player and it seems to me like Stevie rates him.

I reckon he may even have made the most appearances for us last season. S08 will no doubt know the answer.

Sparky has been offered a deal but he has just returned from his stag do and is getting married this weekend. I believe he said in the paper he'd like to stay but his focus is on the wedding at the minute.

I'd be surprised of Sparky wasn't a starter for us next season (if he does indeed sign). A very solid, dependable 7/10 type player and it seems to me like Stevie rates him.

I reckon he may even have made the most appearances for us last season. S08 will no doubt know the answer.

He made the second most behind Gaz and played the 4th most minutes behind Routledge, Gaz and Buchanan according to my stats.

can't imagine any of us have seen too much of him to say that, and I'd always give every signing a fair chance to impress,

Of all Sons fans, I'm almost certainly the only one who can say I've seen him in action, in the flesh, for my team. Take my word for it, he's not very good.

Sweet Petes nailed it. Every time we played against him he'd spend 70 minutes being caught up the park and diving into mis-timed tackles. The other 20 were spent in the stand after his inevitable red card/forced substitution.