Sons' sorrow

Richie Salveta leaves Head of YDI post - http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2450

Didn't realise he'd been with us for as long as 9 seasons, seemed well liked at the club so a bit disappointing that he's moving on but good luck to him.

Is he not leaving as DUFC  have gave up their development  team for next season and he was a coach ?

Don't think its a coincidence that the guy who has been head of youth leaves after 9 years  once your  reserves get binned

Richie Salveta leaves Head of YDI post - http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2450

Didn't realise he'd been with us for as long as 9 seasons, seemed well liked at the club so a bit disappointing that he's moving on but good luck to him.

Is he not leaving as DUFC  have gave up their development  team for next season and he was a coach ?

Don't think its a coincidence that the guy who has been head of youth leaves after 9 years  once your  reserves get binned

DUFC?

We've given up our 20s aye, but we're still running U12s(?) up to 17s and he will be replaced.

Wilf is correct about the Albion Rovers game. By the time we played them in the return fixture at Cliftonhill Rovers were sporting a strip of darker hue. To be exact, according to Beanzie, who was standing along from me in his usual "refreshed" disposition , "diarrhoea yellow". Beanzie was the only ballboy ever to be sent off at Boghead in his younger days. I don't ever remember us playing in an all white strip at home between 1970 and 1973, when I never missed a home game. A little earlier than that, I do have an inkling that we might have worn an all red top, with white shorts and red socks, as a change strip at home in a couple of fixtures. I think the home team changed colours in those days when there was a clash. I have a mental image of Alan "Pot" Watson wearing that red strip.

"worn an all red top, with white shorts and red socks, as a change strip at home in a couple of fixtures. I think the home team changed colours in those days when there was a clash. I have a mental image of Alan "Pot" Watson wearing that red strip."

Correct in all details. Pot scored against Clydebank direct from a corner while wearing that strip.

The first change strip I remember was a light blue top with white shorts. We wore it for Jimmy Veitch's debut (and of the other guy - whose name I forget - we'd signed from Newtongrange Star at the same time. They combined to score a beauty that day.) I still regret the passing of the home team having to change in case of a clash.

I also remember us turning out in all white but it was at Bayview (old Bayview.) We'd turned up with a kit that clashed with East Fife's and had to wear their change strip. This was in the 1980s, though.

Edited by rockson

"worn an all red top, with white shorts and red socks, as a change strip at home in a couple of fixtures. I think the home team changed colours in those days when there was a clash. I have a mental image of Alan "Pot" Watson wearing that red strip."

Correct in all details. Pot scored against Clydebank direct from a corner while wearing that strip.

The first change strip I remember was a light blue top with white shorts. We wore it for Jimmy Veitch's debut (and of the other guy - whose name I forget - we'd signed from Newtongrange Star at the same time. They combined to score a beauty that day.) I still regret the passing of the home team having to change in case of a clash.

I also remember us turning out in all white but it was at Bayview (old Bayview.) We'd turned up with a kit that clashed with East Fife's and had to wear their change strip. This was in the 1980s, though.

Was it John Kelly perchance ?

It's probably not a coincidence, no. How are Scooby and the gang these days anyway?

I heard tonight from someone who met Danny Lennon last night and said he is on his way to Raith. Hopefully it's true and Steve stays!

That would be good news, the odds on Lennon have tumbled in the past few hours so lets hope they're right.

I was there that day, what a hoot.  I'm sure the same happened in the reverse fixture at Boghead later the same season, but I might be misremembering.  I spent a lot of the 80's pished.

I was there that day, what a hoot. I'm sure the same happened in the reverse fixture at Boghead later the same season, but I might be misremembering. I spent a lot of the 80's pished.

I also have hazy late 80s early 90s memories of same thing happening against Albion Rivers at Cliftonhill.

Yogi Hughes trying to negotiate himself out of Inverness - long shot for the Raith Jon maybe?

I doubt he would give up ICT for Raith, but stranger things have happened, like appointing Gary Locke as your manager

I doubt he would give up ICT for Raith, but stranger things have happened, like appointing Gary Locke as your manager

It crossed my mind that Yogi, whose attitude to playing football is infectious, would maybe want to take a club that could be more progressive than Inverness, who are apparently cutting budgets. I don't know him, but I'd guess that he's motivated by football more than chasing the money.