Sons' sorrow

Come on how do you think things have gone?SA described the LC games as woeful.His words not mine.This was just more of the same reserves or not.See what SO8 posted above.In fact how he has described virtually all of the games so far.

Surely you can admit we attacked well against Peterhead and deserved to win despite the defence being a mess. It's been shit so far but the league is what everyone wants success in so personally I couldn't care less, however if we have lost all of our first 4 league games then I'll be worried.

3 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Surely you can admit we attacked well against Peterhead and deserved to win despite the defence being a mess. It's been shit so far but the league is what everyone wants success in so personally I couldn't care less, however if we have lost all of our first 4 league games then I'll be worried.

One due tomorrow but after that i dont know.

9 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

We attacked well and i hope we play that way for the whole season.We will always ship goals in this league as the past 4 seasons have shown.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Main positive from tonight is that I left before the rain came down.

Woeful game on a woeful pitch between two teams who looked more comfortable with the ball in the air than at their feet.

I had similar thoughts. Shite game on a shite pitch by two shite teams, one being slightly more shittier than the other, in a shite ground with shite weather. Worst of all, it absolutely pelted down with rain just after full time.

Bankies deserved to win. Nobody in a Sons jersey really got my hopes up. Hoof ball a lot of the time, and more misplaced passes than I could count.We're destined for a sixth place finish in the Championship..........:).

Wouldn't have taken anyone from that pile of shite.

Did I mention shite anywhere in my rant?

(edited to add two missing words)

Edited by ThirdrockfromtheSon

I can't be bothered doing a big review, so here's what I got from tonight - ThirdRock sums it up pretty well.

The trialists I think were 'Aldo' enormous centre-back. Looked about 6"5 and 18 stone! Built more like a rugby player to be honest. He was ok, decent enough in the air, semi-competent on the deck but doesn't look hugely fit and certainly seemed to be caught out a few times by jinky, quick players.

There was a wee winger #11, J or Jai Sparky called him a few times. Looked only about 18 or 19, in fact he might have been an U17, I have no idea. Looked quite lively in the first 10-15 minutes then vanished. It wasn't a game for wingers however.

And there was the Billy King lookalike striker wearing David Smith's #17 top - Paul was his name and he had neck tattoos. He also swiped a shot out for a throw in. One of these guys who looked like he should be good, but didn't really do anything of note - but then again nobody did in a Sons' top.

The big 16 year old centre-back Humblington or whatever made a mess of things for the 2nd goal, but he's only young and it's a big step up. He's some size as well, must be about 6"3, but is built a bit like Jamie Lyden when he first featured for us.

Clark played in CM then moved to RB in the 2nd when Pettigrew (still not convinced) switched to LB and Sparky moved to midfield. He looks decent enough for age, certainly quite strong and not afraid to get stuck in a bit although he was poor at RB.

Kassarate went on a few nice runs, but seemed to be punted to the deck almost everytime he beat a man. A wee loan spell wouldn't do him any harm at all, although with our squad depth I doubt it's likely.

Sparky captained us and seemingly played just about everywhere. He wasn't great again to be honest, but at least did plenty of talking, shouting and rallying the troops. Certainly tried to talk a few of the young lads through the game which was good to see.

Gallagher was miles off it/his usual self (delete as appropriate), and Jamie Barclay - whilst unorthodox in the way he did an awful lot - made a few decent saves. He did look more nervous than Mark Brown with the ball at his feet though, so that's a worry.

Good to see Jaz and Barr taking part in a light warm up/training session before the match. Sooner they are back the better. The red kit looks very good in real life, I like it a lot, and I'm a massive fan of striped kits with block colour on the back to make it easy for commentators/journalists/punters to read the players names.

Not that names mean much when a guy who was about 5"7 and 12 years old came on wearing a top with 'Wright 18' on the back of it mind you :lol:

Think we escaped with no injuries, although Pettigrew was holding his hamstring a bit and Sparky got clattered with about 10 minutes to play, so that's a positive.

If we'd like the sign the "4 or 5 by the weekend" that Stevie suggested anytime now then that'd be smashing.

5 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Sounds like I missed a classic...

Aye, you did.

It was classic all right. Classic shite.

If you'd opted to take your child to that one, it would have been a punishment for being a bad kid.

Was coming on this thread to post the exact same thing, however reading some of the shitey posts from their fans about our set up considering we are run entirely by volunteers with absolutely no money I really cant say that now. A pre season bounce game with both teams fielding trialists and reserves basically and they just cant help themselves.

Settle down. No one is trying to put you down, but the pitch wasn't great.

Your set up is fine, I actually said tonight if you could have that set up with the Milburn pitch it would be ideal.

32 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Was coming on this thread to post the exact same thing, however reading some of the shitey posts from their fans about our set up considering we are run entirely by volunteers with absolutely no money I really cant say that now. A pre season bounce game with both teams fielding trialists and reserves basically and they just cant help themselves.

Aye but you let your club die mate. 

Youve not tried to put us down, but come on the 'shite pitch, shite team, shite ground' remark from your fellow fan was pish poor.

If you read his post properly he actually said both teams were shite just that one was shittier than the other. He also went on to say all the dumbarton trialists were shite, etc.

So I don't think he's trying to single out Clydebank as being shite in any way. He's just moaning about having a shite night.

I'm sure 3rd Rock will have something to say to you also.

12 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Its just the same snobbery from various folks every year. Theres no point debating a meaningless friendly too much further, i personally thought some of the comments were a bit shite ive said my bit and thats it for me. Certainly dont wish Dumbarton any harm but fcuksake the negativity from some of your support is mental, just think how bad it could be. Good luck for the rest of the season.

To be fair we have been spoilt for the last 5 years with some exceptional performances, goals and results.The bar has been raised and so too our expectations.If we are negative its for that.Dont think we are putting any other small club down.