Sons' sorrow

Listened to the (as usual) excellent podcast today. I'd forgotten that Aron Lynas had been sent off for Brechin against us in the Championship. That was the game when he accidentally switched off the hot water in the away dressing room that prompted Darren Dods to have a go at us for the showers being cold. That was a wee memory that came to me whilst listening. 

for those that haven’t heard this months episode here is the link.  Hopefully we will have a true club legend on the next instalment, oh and if you like Charlie Reilly, he will no doubt feature. 

Quite sure farrel will justify us loosing again today and throw up the smoke screen  about playoffs. ......

We should still be shutting out and defeating bottom of the table opposition and get the momentum rolling into playoffs with our squad      . Guys full of shit !!!!! 

Whats his excuse going to be if we fail to go up ? 

Agreed we don't  need negativity towards our team ,esp now . I want us to rally together and get it done.  However if we don't.  He needs to go !

6 minutes ago, OKsons2020 said:

Quite sure farrel will justify us loosing again today and throw up the smoke screen  about playoffs. ......

We should still be shutting out and defeating bottom of the table opposition and get the momentum rolling into playoffs with our squad      . Guys full of shit !!!!! 

Agreed we don't  need negativity towards our team ,esp now . I want us to rally together and get it done.  However if we don't.  He needs to go !

Who really gives a f**k about today? It’s all about getting through the remaining league games without any fresh injuries. 

9 minutes ago, OKsons2020 said:

A meaningless game against a team with something to play for. If we’re getting our knickers in a twist over that we have issues. Get thru today and next week with no new injuries and that’s a success.

14 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

A meaningless game against a team with something to play for. If we’re getting our knickers in a twist over that we have issues. Get thru today and next week with no new injuries and that’s a success.

Agreed we need to allow those returning from injuring and fringe players.  Plenty game time whilst keeping the eye on the prize .

Surely we must stop conceding late on and close games out . 

We all want to see progression  👍

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Or you let your personal work/union beef with Farrell cloud your judgement about a fucking pointless end of season fitness exercise.

Possibly if that was the case ,unfortunately haven't had that  pleasure for a couple years now . Gladly . 

I do recall ur all mouth and like to run it on here  like a little pupet master 

People need to relax a bit.  A nothing game, mixing the team and playing the sub goalie in a game where Elgin really had to win.

1 minute after full time we had some faceless account named the snudge on twitter calling them bottlers and moaning at the two year deals...

Only two of the players on the park at full time are signed up for next year, so they will need to get more creative with the repetitive moaning.

I just checked the table and with Annan only a point ahead of East Fife it's still all to play for to face ourselves in the Play-off semi-final.  They both have away games at Forfar and Stenny respectively so it could go right to the wire.

I think either of them will be difficult opponents, and unlike last season we would need to hold firm in the first leg.

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I admire anyone who has any sort of excitement or optimism going into the play offs. The overwhelming feeling I have is that I want the season over but I'm not sure why as I'm not looking forward to next season either. 

Oh, I'm totally with you on that Moonster, but I've never ever been anything other than hoping the team performs and wins when the first whistle blows.  If you don't feel that then really what's the point ?

However, that's not to be confused with blind loyalty.  This is the least enthused I've ever been about a promotion possibility as it will likely be more of the same whatever division we're in, and I'm still baffled as to why we have effectively paid the builder before the job is complete.