Sons' sorrow

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Millburn is on. It's obviously a cracking pitch and the drainage isn't tidal. But it's going to make it even more of a minter if we're off.

Just looking at the tide times today, low tide expected for 1pm, which may or may not have played a part in arranging the inspection.

23 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Millburn is on. It's obviously a cracking pitch and the drainage isn't tidal. But it's going to make it even more of a minter if we're off.

There's a low tide around 1pm which is the best you can have around the pitch inspection time, with the next high tide at 7.45pm by which time the game (if played) would be over.

Like Moonster I just want this over with and we can all move on.

Yeah the closer we've got to the game the more I've started to hate that we got this draw. I tried to read a certain Rangers forum just to get a sense of what team they might play etc. There's less weapons in Coulport. 

Get the game played, no injuries or suspensions and I'll be happy with that and then move on with our lives.

I'm going along... May hate every second of it but imagine something did* happen and I wasn't. I'd be absolutely raging 😂

I also have a bet on Rangers winning by 7 goals. I never bet on Dumbarton matches but this isn't normal circumstances.

26 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Is anyone other than OKI actually going? I assume Jan will have to be there for work.

There's some strange logic going on here.  One Sons fan is watching the game at home on the telly because he doesn't like Rangers fans in the home end, thereby creating that very situation, whilst another is going but simultaneously betting against his team.  WTF guys ??

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

There's some strange logic going on here.  One Sons fan is watching the game at home on the telly because he doesn't like Rangers fans in the home end, thereby creating that very situation, whilst another is going but simultaneously betting against his team.  WTF guys ??

I don’t think betting against Dumbarton as a Dumbarton fan is particularly strange logic. We are unlikely to win, in fact i doubt there will be anyone that thinks we will. Cashing in on what could be a big rangers win is not a strange concept. I’m sure there are a few folk with a couple quid on us at ridiculous odds, but more in hope than expectation. 

15 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I kind of get people not wanting to go tbh, because it will be rammed with Sevco fans, regardless. Obviously it would’ve been nice to have had as many Sons fans as possible, though. Paying for viaplay isn’t a great option, either, mind.

18 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I don’t think betting against Dumbarton as a Dumbarton fan is particularly strange logic. We are unlikely to win, in fact i doubt there will be anyone that thinks we will. Cashing in on what could be a big rangers win is not a strange concept. I’m sure there are a few folk with a couple quid on us at ridiculous odds, but more in hope than expectation. 

I'll admit that I don't have the betting gene, and that influences my view.  However, the thought of the opposition being five goals ahead after say 73 minutes and hoping that they add another couple against my team is one I can easily live without.  But maybe I'm strange.

I've bet against Dumbarton numerous times. I've also bet for us numerous times. Betting shouldn't involve emotion, so being able to put that aside and take the sensible bet is good betting. That said I'm not sure Rangers -6 is a good bet :lol:

38 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Yeah, I think I've only ever bet on a Dumbarton match once in the past and to be honest, I probably don't spend as much as £50 in the whole season on bets. But I said weeks ago that I thought we might lose 0-7 and given our recent form, I still think we could. Sticking a £1 on a correct score doesn't means I'm supporting Rangers.

I hope we win, would absolutely love it if we could make it hard for them, but I have proper concerns over this group, in the form they are in, vs a sharp and rested Rangers team. Add in that the last time Harry Broun played vs a Rangers 11, he conceded 7 and that was against their boys... 

I’m going today and looking forward to it. Yes the old firm bring a lot of hassle but any extra money to the club is always welcome.

As long as it’s not a cricket score then it’s really a free hit. 

loving seeing the gers manager getting the pitch excuse in already 

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

As a wee distraction, but a way more important one, today sees a follow-up to the earlier newspaper article on the ownership situation.

image0.jpeg

That will be the same Jackie Baillie who opposed the running down of the Vale hospital while her party were in charge of West Dunbartonshire, Holyrood and Westminster. Encouraging to have her on our side