Sons' sorrow

5 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

So 'because nobody watches it' we needn't be concerned about the pitch ?

Apparently (so iv heard) the agreement for Broomhill hanging around for 5 years was on the basis that there was an artificial surface laid. Considering none of us actually think it’s going to happen, what does that mean for Broomhill?

Do they up sticks and find yet another home or do they stick with us and our crap pitch but negotiate a lower rent? 

5 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

So 'because nobody watches it' we needn't be concerned about the pitch ?

Yeah that's exactly what I said.

You should write for the Record with spin like that.

Whenever there's any kind of pressure on us, whether it be today, a game vs Stenny when we were still considered "title contenders" or vs the bottom sides when we are expected to win (on paper)... they just bottle it. Every single time. It's happened far too often to be coincidence and, for me, it comes from the top. Farrell and his team are bottle merchants and it's spread throughout this group of players, again!

8 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Whenever there's any kind of pressure on us, whether it be today, a game vs Stenny when we were still considered "title contenders" or vs the bottom sides when we are expected to win (on paper)... they just bottle it. Every single time. It's happened far too often to be coincidence and, for me, it comes from the top. Farrell and his team are bottle merchants and it's spread throughout this group of players, again!

Don't forget the playoffs x2

1 hour ago, squeezebox-son said:

I don't think any of the players we've had under Stevie Farrell are or have been bottlers but there has developed a very unfortunate pattern in that no matter the line-ups, the tactics have been so repeatedly one-dimensional, ie one man up front, and the substitutions so randomly baffling that the outcomes become the same on a repeat basis.  

That's either down to the players themselves or the team management, and when we consider the balance of the squads, or rather the lack of it, IMO it's definitely the latter.  Faz's managerial record at both Stranraer and Dumbarton is not brilliant, and it would be a bold person who would expect anything much to change during the remainder of his contract here.

As such the club needs bold leadership in the Boardroom right now, but I fear that's exactly where you might have a bottle problem.

I think throwing the playoffs away would have to go down as an even bigger collapse than the title last season. We should’ve been able to walk the league with the players at our disposal. We’ve had chance after chance to put the playoffs beyond all doubt. It all comes back to the manager.

My worry is ...how are we going to attract anyone decent should we fail to reach the play offs. Some of this current crop are of better caliber than what's out there . Fair to say some are here because they were assured title contenders and promotion . Were going to struggle big time . Could remain in league 2 for a while 

Edited by OKsons2020

13 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I’m assuming Aaron Healy hasn’t had the desired impact since he joined given your recent results ?

I’m maybe being harsh, but he looks like another one that just isn’t ready for L2. Not as much as Gallagher Lennon, maybe, but I think it’s a level beyond him atm.

Of course, it could just be who’s managing him. Wouldn’t be at all shocked if him and others go on to great things, like many whom his predecessor and former boss couldn’t get a tune out of did (Kevin Nisbet, Eamonn Brophy spring to mind).

Edited by FifeSons

17 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I’m assuming Aaron Healy hasn’t had the desired impact since he joined given your recent results ?

I can’t comment on today’s performance but he’s not really impressed me so far. I was expecting a really quick and silky winger who was capable of a moment of magic but he doesn’t look all that quick, he often doesn’t beat his man and he’s very lightweight. 

Perhaps with a proper run of games we’d see what he’s all about but he’s really not done much to warrant a proper run of games.

16 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I’m maybe being harsh, but he looks like another one that just isn’t ready for L2. Not as much as Gallagher Lennon, maybe, but I think it’s a level beyond him atm.

Of course, it could just be who’s managing him. Wouldn’t be at all shocked if him and others go on to great things, like many whom his predecessor and former boss couldn’t get a tune out of did (Kevin Nisbet, Eamonn Brophy spring to mind).

A shame to hear that. Was hoping a move down to league 2 would be beneficial in his development. He looked raw but really promising the back end of last season in the championship but this season, his confidence seems shot to pieces. 

Plenty of time to revive his career given he has 3 years left on his deal but not sure an unimpressive stint at yourselves will do his chances any good