Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Given who has written the article I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm pretty confident that facts are being reported here...

Yeh but I have seen the quote from DFC being picked over online. It can be read as the crime was doing it in front of the players mother. Total mess from top to bottom this carry on.

Get your red dots at the ready, folks. I'm gonna stick my head above the parapet here (and not quite go full-blow Sawkye), but from what I've heard, the story may not be verbatim what the Celtic supporter's Twitter accounts have been saying, and more a really unfortunate (but no less stupid from the individual) misunderstanding (for lack of a better term). I just wouldn't rush to judgement either way before it all comes out in the wash.

Edited by FifeSons

13 minutes ago, Rock Bottom said:

Yeh but I have seen the quote from DFC being picked over online. It can be read as the crime was doing it in front of the players mother. Total mess from top to bottom this carry on.

I think that's just people looking for stuff to be annoyed about. Nothing we've said there is wrong, although I didn't expect us to give as much away as we have done in that article.

6 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Get your red dots at the ready, folks. I'm gonna stick my head above the parapet here (and not quite go full-blow Sawkye), but from what I've heard, the story may not be verbatim what the Celtic supporter's Twitter accounts have been saying, and more a really unfortunate (but no less stupid from the individual) misunderstanding (for lack of a better term). I just wouldn't rush to judgement either way before it all comes out in the wash.

An unfortunate misunderstanding might not be what the police or the club reach in their conclusion. We can all agree it's a cluster f**k and shouldn't have happened. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

An unfortunate misunderstanding might not be what the police or the club reach in their conclusion. We can all agree it's a cluster f**k and shouldn't have happened. 

Indeed on both your sentences.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I think that's just people looking for stuff to be annoyed about. Nothing we've said there is wrong, although I didn't expect us to give as much away as we have done in that article.

The club and the police should be basing their outcome on no more and and no less than what actually happened.  There should be no attempt to reflect any perceived 'public mood' or to placate keyboard warriors or to link this incident to the recent statement by the Board of Hibs FC, for example.

4 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

The club and the police should be basing their outcome on no more and and no less than what actually happened.  There should be no attempt to reflect any perceived 'public mood' or to placate keyboard warriors or to link this incident to the recent statement by the Board of Hibs FC, for example.

I'd back the polis for a more proportionate response than Neil MacKay tbf.

11 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

According to media outlets Police Scotland have concluded their investigation with no further action being taken.

Where are you seeing that? I’m glad if that’s the case. I reckon MacKay might still do something nuts, though.

Edited by FifeSons

6 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Just a wee reminder that the Stevie Farrell trend line predicts we only take another 5 points this season.

3 down, 2 to go. I wonder which two teams we'll draw with.🤔