Sons' sorrow

Don’t get me wrong it’s a great idea to get people along to the club and get them introduced to their local team as such.

I just question whether they can pull it off.

1 hour ago, TamCarson said:

Calum Gallagher away to Arbroath. He's going to be inducted into the Airdrie Hall of Fame. Not bad for someone some fans didn't rate because he didn't run properly.

To be fair, I always felt like he could have given a bit more in the finishing department and that he didn't reach his peak til he joined Airdrie. Good player for us, but better player for them. Good on him, though.

Gallagher was a victim of being severely misused by Aitken. As soon as we played him as a striker he started banging them in and actually didn’t match that season’s tally until his 3rd season with Ayr. 

He’s an excellent lower league striker and it’s criminal we spent 2 and a half seasons playing him out wide.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Gallagher was a victim of being severely misused by Aitken.

In a long list of other forward players that went on to great success.

#toughtyouwellmate

Hilton signs a new 1 year deal. I must admit that I was hoping for a bit more from him this year. He has scored some important (and very good) goals for us this year but in general play he hasn't been as tidy as I was expecting. I do wonder if the system and players we have right now doesn't really let him play his best game but ultimately he's one guy I would've maybe thought about moving on. He's well liked by the gaffer so probably not a surprise and it may well give Hilton a wee boost going into the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Hilton signs a new 1 year deal. I must admit that I was hoping for a bit more from him this year. He has scored some important (and very good) goals for us this year but in general play he hasn't been as tidy as I was expecting. I do wonder if the system and players we have right now doesn't really let him play his best game but ultimately he's one guy I would've maybe thought about moving on. He's well liked by the gaffer so probably not a surprise and it may well give Hilton a wee boost going into the end of the season. 

I think the last few weeks, especially since Ryan Wallace left, he's stepped up and started to perform more consistently. If I'm honest, I reckon he'd have been released at end of season if his form hadn't improved.

Noticed Faz said that they hope to share more good news in the next few weeks. I wonder who else we’ll see sign up for next season. Who are we thinking may get released? A definite for me is Marc Kelly who we’ve hardly seen anything of. 

3 hours ago, Grumpysonoftherock said:

I think the last few weeks, especially since Ryan Wallace left, he's stepped up and started to perform more consistently. If I'm honest, I reckon he'd have been released at end of season if his form hadn't improved.

Considering Farrell hands out contracts like sweeties he probably would’ve stayed, regardless of his recent upturn in form.

10 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Downloaded version of the Sons v Hearts programme, November 1982.  Cover page predominantly maroon, bizarrely.

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBn1xh

It was more of a deep red shade IIRC.  With thanks to @microdave and the wonderful Sons Archive, the game finished 1-1 with Raymond Blair scoring for Sons and Derek O'Connor getting the  Hearts goal for a strong Jambos side which included Roddy McDonald, Sandy Jardine, Alex MacDonald and Willie Johnston.  24% of the crowd wore ties. 

11 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Downloaded version of the Sons v Hearts programme, November 1982.  Cover page predominantly maroon, bizarrely.

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBn1xh

Enjoyed spotting the adverts, Burgh Bar - Robert's Lounge

Edward Sir Shoptenor-4.gif

Guido Porciani's Chippy in Castlehill 😍

Edited by Silverton End

The Trust AGM is on tonight in Bar72 at the stadium.

lots to discuss so would be good to see as many folk along as possible.

All members should receive an email today with updated information and a link to a live stream in case you can’t make it.

If you're not a member and want to join, come along to tonight and sign up, it’s just £10 for the year. 

Would it be fair to say we'd rather finish third than second? I think so. Midweek away at Peterhead sounds much less preferable. I know generally having the second leg at home is seen as an advantage, but it hasn't exactly been great for us the last two seasons. Long trip like that on a Tuesday night when the players have probably been at work the same day isn't what I'd pick.

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Would it be fair to say we'd rather finish third than second? I think so. Midweek away at Peterhead sounds much less preferable. I know generally having the second leg at home is seen as an advantage, but it hasn't exactly been great for us the last two seasons. Long trip like that on a Tuesday night when the players have probably been at work the same day isn't what I'd pick.

There's currently only two points between Peterhead, us and Spartans. Who knows what positions we'll all be in come a week on Saturday. But I'd agree that if it's Peterhead we face in the semi, then the away leg would be preferable on the Saturday from a fan and player perspective.

38 minutes ago, microdave said:

There's currently only two points between Peterhead, us and Spartans. Who knows what positions we'll all be in come a week on Saturday. But I'd agree that if it's Peterhead we face in the semi, then the away leg would be preferable on the Saturday from a fan and player perspective.

Guess we just have to try and win both games left and not overthink it. I definitely would heavily rotate for the Peterhead game, though.