Sons' sorrow

Fraser's patter is repetive, but at least it's something apart from the silence only broken by abuse of our players.

His son on the other hand constantly abuses Mark Gilhaney, it's ridiculous how often he does it.

Last Saturday Gils has a pretty good game, despite this every time he touched the ball he was abuse - "You're shite Gil", "You've done nothing apart from put the ball in the net", when McDougall came on - "Can't be be worse than Gil, he was terrible"

He's so blinded by hatred for Gils, it's ridiculous.

Lots of people on here complimented Gils for a good performance after the game.

It's literally only abuse that gets spouted by him toward Gilhaney, what does that do to motivate the player? Also Gilhaney's family sit not far from where the abuse is spouted from.

He used to do the same towards Andy Graham.

I'm so glad people like this don't go to away games.

I don't know his son but I don't have time for anyone who berates our own players - even those who aren't playing well. Gilhaney has overall been a great player for us and always puts in a shift. He had a good game on Saturday including a very welcome goal which steadied the nerves. If I hear someone going on like that I'll tend to shout back 'Give the player a chance' or something similar.

To be honest, the atmosphere would be ten times better if we were allowed to stand at games.

As we're up the back they usually let us away with standing up but they came up and told us to sit down last week. Makes you wonder how you can go to Livingston and they've got maybe 50-100 folk all standing and jumping up and down the whole game but 10 of us standing watching the game is far too dangerous.

As we're up the back they usually let us away with standing up but they came up and told us to sit down last week. Makes you wonder how you can go to Livingston and they've got maybe 50-100 folk all standing and jumping up and down the whole game but 10 of us standing watching the game is far too dangerous.

It's more to do with your hooligan tendencies. Probably.

Remember the Partick Thistle fiasco last season. When standing supporters were moved due to safety. But the Partick fans standing in the other stand were left alone.

I'm sick of the constant negativity in our home support.

It's got to the stage where I spend most of the match cheering on Nish, regardless of how he's playing, because there are too many dicks at the games who fail to acknowledge his improvement since Kane's arrival. Support your team!

I think Gils has had a good season. More functional than spectacular, but his consistency facilitates McGinn's excellent attacking play. Glad he's finally got a league goal.

I'm sick of the constant negativity in our home support.

It's got to the stage where I spend most of the match cheering on Nish, regardless of how he's playing, because there are too many dicks at the games who fail to acknowledge his improvement since Kane's arrival. Support your team!

I think Gils has had a good season. More functional than spectacular, but his consistency facilitates McGinn's excellent attacking play. Glad he's finally got a league goal.

Likewise. I could have made more home games this season than I have, but I've gone off them a bit. I walked out of a few early last season for the same reason. I've mentioned it on here before numerous times, but usually it's just me complaining and nobody else ever seems to notice. Our home crowd has a large div ratio, a reason for which I suspect is down to the average age of the crowd, there's a lot of fairly old folk at home games and some of them just complain regardless of whether the situation even merits it. I mentioned it on here at the time, but I saw an elderly woman a while back in a hand knitted Dumbarton jumper complaining about things that hadn't even happened, while at the same time an old guy in the row in front her was complaining to the lino about things that hadn't even happened in his half of the park. Going to the match for these folk is just a chance to get out of the house and get some complaining in because no-one will give them a platform to complain elsewhere.

Likewise. I could have made more home games this season than I have, but I've gone off them a bit. I walked out of a few early last season for the same reason. I've mentioned it on here before numerous times, but usually it's just me complaining and nobody else ever seems to notice. Our home crowd has a large div ratio, a reason for which I suspect is down to the average age of the crowd, there's a lot of fairly old folk at home games and some of them just complain regardless of whether the situation even merits it. I mentioned it on here at the time, but I saw an elderly woman a while back in a hand knitted Dumbarton jumper complaining about things that hadn't even happened, while at the same time an old guy in the row in front her was complaining to the lino about things that hadn't even happened in his half of the park. Going to the match for these folk is just a chance to get out of the house and get some complaining in because no-one will give them a platform to complain elsewhere.

Let's get them signed up to P&B then. They can come here to vent their shite, then go to the matches with a sunny disposition.

I'd love a knitted DFC jumper.

It's true that some of the old farts are negative but the younger supporters aren't squeaky clean.

At the recent Morton away game there were young guys (in their 20s) sitting behind me who vocally criticised the team from the kick-off. A lot of it was extremely negative and personal, aimed at specific players.

Admittedly, that 3-0 defeat was one of the poorest performances I'd witnessed for several years, but sometimes that's the moment the squad needs our 'support'.

Given our relative success in recent years...going back to the Jim Chapman promotion from the old 3rd Division...it's possible that some supporters in their late teens / 20s take things for granted and get on the team's back too quickly.

These young guys are serving their apprenticeship well and will no doubt become the negative old farts of the future.

It's true that some of the old farts are negative but the younger supporters aren't squeaky clean.

At the recent Morton away game there were young guys (in their 20s) sitting behind me who vocally criticised the team from the kick-off. A lot of it was extremely negative and personal, aimed at specific players.

Admittedly, that 3-0 defeat was one of the poorest performances I'd witnessed for several years, but sometimes that's the moment the squad needs our 'support'.

Given our relative success in recent years...going back to the Jim Chapman promotion from the old 3rd Division...it's possible that some supporters in their late teens / 20s take things for granted and get on the team's back too quickly.

These young guys are serving their apprenticeship well and will no doubt become the negative old farts of the future.

Agreed. The moaning isn't restricted to a certain demographic, there are shitebags of all ages at the Son Siro of a Saturday.

It's an interesting theme here; per head of average home support I reckon we have comfortably the largest percentage of bams of any club I've visited.

Very odd. Where I sit there isn't anyone within shouting distance who is annoying. Heres an idea. if you and Pete find your fellow fans so annoying why don't you move seat. There are plenty free

Very odd. Where I sit there isn't anyone within shouting distance who is annoying. Heres an idea. if you and Pete find your fellow fans so annoying why don't you move seat. There are plenty free

I've moved seats a couple of times over the years.

maybe time for a "singing" section at home games?....theres surely enough spare seats that everyone who wants to go and make some noise and atmosphere can get together

Agree. Plenty of grounds have one these days. 50-100 Sons fans would make a decent racket at home matches.

Certainly drown out the screeching bint and all the moaners in our crowd....

Could be a pain in the arse trying to get everyone together. I'd suggest contacting the club to get an area set aside, make it easier.

For sure.

The atmosphere definitely needs improving, considering how well the team are doing, the players deserve good backing at home.

Could be a pain in the arse trying to get everyone together. I'd suggest contacting the club to get an area set aside, make it easier.

:lol: Good luck with that. Fans congregating in one area? What if they all stand up? What if they trip and fall? What if they all sing similtaneously? What if the ground then breaks off and falls into the Clyde? Won't you think of the children Pete?!

:lol: Good luck with that. Fans congregating in one area? What if they all stand up? What if they trip and fall? What if they all sing similtaneously? What if the ground then breaks off and falls into the Clyde? Won't you think of the children Pete?!

I've gotten into trouble for thinking about children in the past... :ph34r:

I wonder if this could be Prunts....Would hate to see him leave but I could understand if he was fed up at the lack of first team football which, at his age, he will want to be getting every week.

http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/albion-rovers-keen-on-championship-striker/

I wonder if this could be Prunts....Would hate to see him leave but I could understand if he was fed up at the lack of first team football which, at his age, he will want to be getting every week.

I'd be sorry to see him leave as he has been associated with a lot of the good stuff surrounding Sons in recent years, not to mention one of the finest goals you'll ever see in Scottish football. However, I'd much rather Prunts or anyone left at the top and made a regular contribution elsewhere than they became a frustrated bit player here. Rovers now have a few bob and if it is Prunts then they'll be signing a first-class guy.

Players, managers, directors, fans....we are all ultimately waves crashing against the shore but the sea must go on regardless.....

It could be him as I really don't see him staying on next season but would you class Prunty as a consistent goal scorer?

It could be him as I really don't see him staying on next season but would you class Prunty as a consistent goal scorer?

aye, I would, never had a poor season for sons and has scored a good few every season. Would be sorely missed, but for us to strengthen I can see Murray's thinking