Sons' sorrow

Good morning. Pardon the interruption, but can I ask- is it true away fans only get 350 tickets at Dumbarton? I read something to that effect; it would cause a hilarious meltdown on Jambos kickback. (Assuming Hearts survive).

The away end holds about 800 I think but as Thommo says when the bigger clubs come to town they often get another 100 tickets. Failing that hide your Hearts scarf and come in the home end!

"you should be good in the air, you're a balloon"

"I've seen a harder shove in the canteen queue"

"If I said you were useless, it'd be flattery"

"you don't know your offside from your backside linesman"

My favourite retort was one game at Kilbowie years ago. After a "where were you when the brains were handed out ref?", an obviously exasperated Sons fan sitting just along from him responded with "obviously well in front of you" :lol:

I'm sure he'll be back to full fitness for next season, I'm glad he entertains so many of you.

It's cringey patter aye but home games wouldn't be the same without it - I get withdrawals if I don't hear 'crapped it ref!' every second Saturday.

I also admire the guy's commitment to continue with a rant long after everyone else has settled back to watching the game. It's commendable enthusiasm.

Fraser seems to miss big Jim Cunningham who used to sit in front of him. They had a comedy act to equal the chuckle brothers. He lost his nemesis from the press box a couple of seasons ago. That moron has moved on leaving Fraser in peace to marvel us with his witticisms

It's cringey patter aye but home games wouldn't be the same without it - I get withdrawals if I don't hear 'crapped it ref!' every second Saturday.

I also admire the guy's commitment to continue with a rant long after everyone else has settled back to watching the game. It's commendable enthusiasm.

No it's not, it's a tedious bore. Sure, away from the fitba the guy is a very nice chap but his inability to recognise that there are two teams on the park and the ritual shouting at officials from start to finish is tiresome in the extreme. The hallmark of an oddball.

And never trust a man who doesn't fucking swear.

No it's not, it's a tedious bore. Sure, away from the fitba the guy is a very nice chap but his inability to recognise that there are two teams on the park and the ritual shouting at officials from start to finish is tiresome in the extreme. The hallmark of an oddball.

And never trust a man who doesn't fucking swear.

Agreed. He gets on my fucking wick. Has a tendency to shout for fouls that no-one else in the stadium has seen and get irate over completely inoccuous challenges. An oddball indeed.

I love hearing his patter. I am aware I am new to his shouts but when you here the bile that we will get next year you might agree.

Long may your lumb reek.

Your patter and terrible jokes are good as well

Is it just me who has nae clue who this character is?

There's an old boy down the front row (usually sporting a baseball cap) who generally spends the majority of the match giving the linesman pelters, is it him?

Dig a hole and bury him!

Agreed. He gets on my fucking wick. Has a tendency to shout for fouls that no-one else in the stadium has seen and get irate over completely inoccuous challenges. An oddball indeed.

It's an interesting theme here; per head of average home support I reckon we have comfortably the largest percentage of bams of any club I've visited.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

It's an interesting theme here; per head of average home support I reckon we have comfortably the largest percentage of bams of any club I've visited.

That's a point that myself and others have discussed endlessly in the past few years. And it's a ratio I haven't seen replicated anywhere else.

Presumably you've never been to Ibrox, Parkhead or Central Park? Perhaps you should find a new club to support if its that annoying?

I remember someone sat shouting abuse at Gribben the entire game, he got sent off and gave the finger in the direction of the home fans. Said p***k then went running towards the steward to complain. Who the f**k does that?

I still see him and his larger sibling floating about at home games. Unfortunately the horrendous abuse he received at the hands of Gribben wasn't enough to put him off.

Presumably you've never been to Ibrox, Parkhead or Central Park? Perhaps you should find a new club to support if its that annoying?

Totally agree, there's nothing wrong with our home support.

Apart from the likes of the folk that left as soon as the Dundee goal went in, that is; nothing worse than not staying to applaud the team off when they've given everything.