Sons' sorrow

I would have liked to have seen him getting more of a chance. If he isn't going to play then there's no point keeping him.

It's harsh for folk to hold his football loyalties against him - I'd want any decision to be made for football reasons unless he did something that brought the club into disrepute.

Bottom line is that he wasn't getting a shot at Dumbarton and he's at an age where he wants to be playing. If he needs to drop down the divisions to get a shot, or even go junior, then it's his choice to make.

An unusual one with McKerracher. Last pre season it was all about him and how he was going to break through. Started well but quite suddenly Murray seemed to drop interest in him. Then come January he went out on loan to join Joe at Kilbirnie. From what I heard the feedback on Ally wasn't as good as Joe's. Really not heard anything of him since. Hope he does alright, wherever he ends up.

This the post :P Lesley McKerracher has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Sons' sorrow".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback? From what I can gather it was excelllent.

This was a Kilbirnie fan's reply to the question `Has McKerracher played much so far for Ladeside?' from a Dumbarton fan on this website:

`Played against Annbank and scored. Voted man of the match as well. Came on as sub at Talbot. Reads the game very well and links up with attack and defence. Midfield gem for such a young player. Experience at junior level can only improve his game. Pretty sure he came on as a sub when the score was 0-2.'

Aye,came on as a sub.

McKerracher looks a bloody cracker. The guy is well talented and has a great confidence in his own ability. Dumbarton would be daft not to give this guy a chance next season.'

Don't know what feedback reached Dumbarton FC though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Whalen was one of my dad's favourites (along with the likes of Hughie Gallacher and Charlie Bootland) and as he and his pals were pretty fierce critics, he must have been some player! His partner at outside right, Leslie Brown, was I think read somewhere (probably The Weekly News), the first player in Scotland to wear contact lenses on the field of play.

I was talking to one of the policemen who was working at the Hearts game....he said he was surprised at the overkill that was in place. He told me there was going to be a review and that it was quite possible more sensible arrangements would be in place for the next game...and I would guess the visit of Hibs too

I was talking to one of the policemen who was working at the Hearts game....he said he was surprised at the overkill that was in place. He told me there was going to be a review and that it was quite possible more sensible arrangements would be in place for the next game...and I would guess the visit of Hibs too

Talking of overkill I see that it is not going to be possible to buy a ticket for the Hearts match at Tynecastle on the day of the match. Does anyone know the reasoning for this as I would expect such a policy must reduce the crowd

Talking of overkill I see that it is not going to be possible to buy a ticket for the Hearts match at Tynecastle on the day of the match. Does anyone know the reasoning for this as I would expect such a policy must reduce the crowd

Wasn't it the same for Ibrox? I assume this is fairly standard practice for the bigger teams.

They were reasonably close to selling every seat in the ground v Cowden. This measure avoids the Dundee debacle from the last match of season 13-14