Sons' sorrow

Jeez, I'm getting the same vibes I last got in early 1970 when the late Jackie Stewart, possibly Dumbarton's greatest ever managerial alchemist, hit upon a formula which blended spoonfuls of hardworking but modest players with a tincture of pure unalloyed talent to create the footballing equivalent of a de-luxe malt whisky.

The proof of course shall lie in the eating, or to be strictly consistent, drinking, but I'll tell you younger Sons fans on here, there's currently a buzz in this old town which was last experienced when Martin Hainigan danced in front of The Waltzer at The Shows on Dumbarton Common.

Dumbarton are making some very good signings for a part time club.

Never mind Alloa would fancy them to finish above Morton and maybe Livingston too.

I'd fancy Alloa to finish above Livi as well at the moment. Their early signings haven't been particularly inspiring.

Brown

Taggart. Graham. Barr. Buchanan.

Gallagher. Docherty.

Miller. Kirkpatrick. Gibson.

Smith/Fleming

Don't think Buchanan is a left back, Barr can play defensive mid IIRC so I'd go:

Brown

Taggart Graham Buchanan Docherty

Gallagher Barr

Cawley Kirkpatrick Gibson

Fleming

2 strikers and a right midfielder left to sign at least Id say.

Cover at full back / wide midfield probably needed but reckon we will get loanees in for that.

Exactly what I was thinking myself. If we were to recruit solidly in those positions I'd be delighted.

The strikers position is a huge one, need to get that right. Just doesn't seem to be much kicking about at the minute so good to see wee Stee isn't rushing into anything. I'd imagine Smith will primarily be used as backup unless he can prove himself worthy of being a 1st pick.