Sons' sorrow

Always said Buchanan could play at a higher level and I do t think he's stopped here either, a shambolic season with a shambolic pars team was a blip, and partnered with someone of Barrs pedigree can only bode well. Always a threat from set pieces and hope he does well for you boys!!

8th still has to be the aim. No point in getting carried away with talk of promotion play offs.

The current economic climate in football certainly suits a part time side like us.

I see Linton has gone to Clyde. They must be racking up a fair number of our ex players.

Linton signed for Clyde almost 2 months ago..

Always said Buchanan could play at a higher level and I do t think he's stopped here either, a shambolic season with a shambolic pars team was a blip, and partnered with someone of Barrs pedigree can only bode well. Always a threat from set pieces and hope he does well for you boys!!

Hope you're right. Cheers :)

Hope Routledge does well. I liked him but he struggled last season in the Premiership. He went severely under the radar in our promotion season when he played and played a big part in our passing game. I can guarantee he will be injured at least once, though.

Collins has done it a higher level (English championship is a higher level than where Celtic play over a full season) for a longer period of time than Findlay. Collins jumped about clubs in the champship but was a capable player there (I went to s Sheffield United game against QPR a quite a few years ago and by utter coincidence it was his debut game for Sheffield. He played very well indeed)

No chance he'll come back!! Any club in the Scottish Premiership would take him.

Absolutely no chance are we challenging for the (promotion) play-offs. If we finish eighth, we will be beating the odds (again).

More decent additions, but still the issue of a striker. Plenty time left to sort something out though.

Also, a fit Kirkpatrick should be in our starting 11 all day long.

Absolutely no chance are we challenging for the (promotion) play-offs. If we finish eighth, we will be beating the odds (again). More decent additions, but still the issue of a striker. Plenty time left to sort something out though. Also, a fit Kirkpatrick should be in our starting 11 all day long.

Predictions are always ropey anyway, but the Championship will be very interesting with so many teams looking unrecognisable from last season, such is modern football with one-year deals and loans galore.

What I would say is that a striker apart, the new managerial duo has made as decent an attempt at team-building as any of us could expect in such a short time frame and that's a very encouraging start.

The key now is to get a working blend and of course a scorer. As for Kirkpatrick, he'll have to apply himself 100% to justify that starting place, but the opportunity is surely there. And we look to have a much stronger bench than last season - pleasing.

Well it was announced on the website, so I'd imagine so. Unless something has changed since then?

I was half cut when I seen it, looked at the fixtures and it's no there, maybe it's a behind closed door affair.

Anyone know if you can see the pitch at benburb without being actually inside it or whatever?

I was half cut when I seen it, looked at the fixtures and it's no there, maybe it's a behind closed door affair.

Anyone know if you can see the pitch at benburb without being actually inside it or whatever?

Aye, I noticed the cup games haven't been added either so it may just be a case of the fixture list needing updated. I did try to trawl through the news archive but can't see anything, it may have been a small paragraph at the end of a news story about something else and that's why I can't see it.