Sons' sorrow

Aye East Fife, I was walking thro East End Park when the news broke - I remember being massively disappointed. I went home and looked out my pictures of Susan Penhaligon from under the mattress to cheer myself up.

Well, blow me if it isn't her birthday this very day - Happy Birthday Susan !

Hopefully that is just gossip on mouthino! Was at his best 9-10 years ago, not up to much since!

Chris kane came on as a sub in St Johnstones european game the other night.

Agreed, although he is looking to get into coaching I think and with Spalding away could he could be in line for the 20s managers job?

I'd be surprised if St J let Kane go out on loan again. He seems to be slowly working his way into their first team.

Looking forward to hearing how things go today, always an exciting time of year!

Was Chris Kane any use when you lot had him on loan?

I see we are getting liked with him in the paper today.

Small and quick(ish). A goal scorer, has a finishers knack of being in the right place at the right time. Needs to improve his all round game though.

From BBC Sports Gossip:

Former Falkirk favourite Pedro Mouthino has joined Dumbarton for pre-season training.

Can't see him adding anything worthwhile on the pitch. I didn't rate him back when Falkirk were a half decent premier league side and a lot of years have passed since then.

Only three players start from last seasons team then? No disputing that Aitken has came in and put his stamp on the squad. Will be interesting to see how we get on today, albeit only a friendly. Shape, balance and style will tell us more than the result.