Sons' sorrow

Glad to see everyone's looking foward to visiting Greenock. You lads want behind the goal? Bring some fans, can't see a better incentive than avoiding being crammed in that embarrassment of a stand.

I hate it when people say things like this. What do you expect us to do? Round up 1000 Dumbarton fans, God only knows where we'd get that many from, and start a walking bus across the Erskine Bridge?!

It's a circle of failure. Dreadful stand = less fans making the journey. Less fans making the journey = less space in aforementioned stand.

I hate it when people say things like this. What do you expect us to do? Round up 1000 Dumbarton fans, God only knows where we'd get that many from, and start a walking bus across the Erskine Bridge?!

It's a circle of failure. Dreadful stand = less fans making the journey. Less fans making the journey = less space in aforementioned stand.

But, essentially, if you had more fans, you'd get it. I don't blame Morton for not rolling out the red carpet for the 15 travelling Dumbarton fans.

Stevie Aitken spoke to The Dumbarton Terrace earlier today about his life in football and ambitions for Dumbarton.

Read about the highlights of his playing and managing days, and also about the managers who helped make him the gaffer he is now.

The full interview can be read HERE: https://thedumbartonterrace.wordpress.com/2015/06/29/stevie-aitken-the-story-so-far/

But, essentially, if you had more fans, you'd get it. I don't blame Morton for not rolling out the red carpet for the 15 travelling Dumbarton fans.

Maybe we should switch the tie. Our ground can accommodate everyone likely to want to attend, properly segregated and in comfort.

Maybe we should switch the tie. Our ground can accommodate everyone likely to want to attend, properly segregated and in comfort.

There's a big Tesco carpark up the road from Cappielow, reckon we should all just meet there.

For a fight or a kickabout?

I had a fight there the day we won 4-2 in the Premier League in 84/85. Probably the only time in my adult life I've fought anyone. It was a right result because I decked the guy and managed to get away just before the polis came and lifted him. Happy days.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

I had a fight there the day we won 4-2 in the Premier League in 84/85. Probably the only time in my adult life I've fought anyone. It was a right result because I decked the guy and managed to get away just before the polis came and lifted him. Happy days.

Just to make you feel old, I was only 6 weeks old then!

I had a fight there the day we won 4-2 in the Premier League in 84/85. Probably the only time in my adult life I've fought anyone. It was a right result because I decked the guy and managed to get away just before the polis came and lifted him.

i was at that game too, a young 14 year old boy at the time and some young Morton scum were spitting on me from behind at the cowshed in the 2nd half. I moved behind the goal after that. At the time i had never felt so intimidated at a football game. Bad losers! Put me off Morton to be honest.

I am sure sons r us is the wee kid with the hat behind the goals