Sons' sorrow

Perhaps your constant failures at Cappielow have somewhat tainted you.

No, no. Not at all.

Cappielow is merely a dump. Boghead was a dump at the end, but we had the good sense to move on.

Perhaps your £2 millions upgrade will make Cappielow look better.

ETA. I recognise that the pitch has won accolades from several sources, but the surrounding terrace etc is a real mess.

Edited by ThirdrockfromtheSon

No, no. Not at all.

Cappielow is merely a dump. Boghead was a dump at the end, but we had the good sense to move on.

Perhaps your £2 millions upgrade will make Cappielow look better.

ETA. I recognise that the pitch has won accolades from several sources, but the surrounding terrace etc is a real mess.

No point in only further adding to the debt to appease away fans.

No point in only further adding to the debt to appease away fans.

why not just close the seated stand, it's a shambles, surprised it's not been condemned due to being a fire hazard, and I'm not trying to just slag it off, I actually enjoy cappielow, but for having to be seated, home fans can stand, and in many other stadiums, stenny, brechin, stranraer, to name but a few, even parkhead will have a standing area, I'm fairly sure, that behind the goal is just as easy, if not easier for the stewards to look after the away fans than a dark and cramped shed, with, might I add,restricted viewing Edited by optimistic

why not just close the seated stand, it's a shambles, surprised it's not been condemned due to being a fire hazard, and I'm not trying to just slag it off, I actually enjoy cappielow, but for having to be seated, home fans can stand, and in many other stadiums, stenny, brechin, stranraer, to name but a few, even parkhead will have a standing area, I'm fairly sure, that behind the goal is just as easy, if not easier for the stewards to look after the away fans than a dark and cramped shed, with, might I add,restricted viewing

Well no. It's a functioning stand used by a lot of the support, all be it not aesthetically pleasing and not exactly the most spacious, it's in working order and all the hospitality/commercial facilities are underneath it. If away fans don't enjoy it, good.

Well no. It's a functioning stand used by a lot of the support, all be it not aesthetically pleasing and not exactly the most spacious, it's in working order and all the hospitality/commercial facilities are underneath it. If away fans don't enjoy it, good.

Y-a-w-n <_< ......anyway Sons fans, anyone heard anything on further signings ?

It's a midden, end of story. Surprised that it gets a safety certificate. Longest walk for a pee in Scottish football.

Bit of an over reaction going on here regarding cappielow.

Aye it's a shitehole, aye the leg room is pish but lets stop acting like Kim Kardashian after Kanye has used the last Tampax. It wasn't so long ago we were playing in a total crumbling shitehole. I'm sure we'll be able to deal with it.

Regarding Ainslie Park, looks like a taxi job from Haymarket.

Bit of an over reaction going on here regarding cappielow.

Aye it's a shitehole, aye the leg room is pish but lets stop acting like Kim Kardashian after Kanye has used the last Tampax. It wasn't so long ago we were playing in a total crumbling shitehole. I'm sure we'll be able to deal with it.

Regarding Ainslie Park, looks like a taxi job from Haymarket.

You can get a tram which gets you within a 20 minute walk of the ground. Or two buses. Taxi sounds the most likely option though. Do Spartans have a bar at the ground?

You can get a tram which gets you within a 20 minute walk of the ground. Or two buses. Taxi sounds the most likely option though. Do Spartans have a bar at the ground?

Can't remember exactly but fairly sure the taxi I got before the game in December was less than a tenner, get four in a taxi and it's as cheap as the bus and was less than 10 minutes. Started walking back afterwards then realised after 20 minutes that we had no idea where we were, jumped on a bus which took 30 minutes to get back, so the moral of the story is taxi both ways.

Anyway, without wanting to get embroiled in a tedious 'what stadium is the biggest shitehole' argument, as some of you may have seen in the other thread the away end toilets at Cappielow are being done up this summer, so you should see an improvement there. I'm not one to complain about facilities generally - I'll take standing in a crumbling stand at Somerset over sitting in the Grangemouth Stadium every time - but I do agree with the point Moonster made in that thread about taps. Not being a total tink I wash my hands every time I pish and stadiums without running water are unacceptable, hopefully this solves that problem at Cappielow and unlike most grounds the water will actually be hot.
There's a lot of work being done to improve the WDE in general with St. Mirren, Hibs and Rangers likely to bring enough fans to necessitate it being open six times but I doubt that means we'll start opening it every week: every club saves on stewarding costs by sticking away fans in the same stand as home fans if they can. I get that the legroom in the stand at Cappielow is worse, but you get shoved in a stand when there's a perfectly good terrace available at places like Palmerston and Forthbank too.

Can't remember exactly but fairly sure the taxi I got before the game in December was less than a tenner, get four in a taxi and it's as cheap as the bus and was less than 10 minutes. Started walking back afterwards then realised after 20 minutes that we had no idea where we were, jumped on a bus which took 30 minutes to get back, so the moral of the story is taxi both ways.

Anyway, without wanting to get embroiled in a tedious 'what stadium is the biggest shitehole' argument, as some of you may have seen in the other thread the away end toilets at Cappielow are being done up this summer, so you should see an improvement there. I'm not one to complain about facilities generally - I'll take standing in a crumbling stand at Somerset over sitting in the Grangemouth Stadium every time - but I do agree with the point Moonster made in that thread about taps. Not being a total tink I wash my hands every time I pish and stadiums without running water are unacceptable, hopefully this solves that problem at Cappielow and unlike most grounds the water will actually be hot.
There's a lot of work being done to improve the WDE in general with St. Mirren, Hibs and Rangers likely to bring enough fans to necessitate it being open six times but I doubt that means we'll start opening it every week: every club saves on stewarding costs by sticking away fans in the same stand as home fans if they can. I get that the legroom in the stand at Cappielow is worse, but you get shoved in a stand when there's a perfectly good terrace available at places like Palmerston and Forthbank too.

Cheers, I hear that we need to take over 650 fans to get the WDE so I don't see that happening any time soon unless we somehow end up in the promotion race. We'll make do with our wee corner as we always do.

Yes, looks out onto the pitch as well.

Excellent.

Can you stay inside it during the match? If so we might need an ambulance for Moonster, not a taxi :lol:

Doesn't serve during the game as far as I can recall.

Thank f**k. A repeat of the Civil Service Strollers match last year would've been a hard one for my stomach to take.

Ouch! That hurts, right in the feels.

Was actually meant as more of a compliment, especially to the older generations of the Sons support. I'd be very surprised if there's actually that many Dumbarton supporters who prefer the current way they have to watch their team's home games over Boghead.

Was actually meant as more of a compliment, especially to the older generations of the Sons support. I'd be very surprised if there's actually that many Dumbarton supporters who prefer the current way they have to watch their team's home games over Boghead.

I'm 55 and have supported Sons since 1970. I much prefer the current ground - no contest at all.