Sons' sorrow

Exciting times to be a Sons fan I'd imagine. Having seen a few Stranraer games over the last few seasons I think you'd have a very underrated manager who will do great things, just as he did at Stair Park. Gallagher is a good player but in Willie Gibson you have the leagues best creator (on his day!!) Think you's will be a good outfit for the neutral to watch.

Disappointed with the new away strip. I thought they'd reverse all the colours resulting in a gold shirt with black and white bands across the chest a la the 1980's Umbro version. It's just the old Surridge home.

It's pretty well known that our home top is a custom made kit and that our away kit is always going to be an off the shelf kit due to the extra costs in creating a custom shirt. Thus, narrowing the choices a lot for the away kit.

Disappointed with the new away strip. I thought they'd reverse all the colours resulting in a gold shirt with black and white bands across the chest a la the 1980's Umbro version. It's just the old Surridge home.

Can't keep going back to old strips! New team, new era, new away top!

Craig is a superb signing for you, provided he still resembles the player who played for us when we won the First Division in 2012/13. Strong, leads the line well and is clearly an absolute pain in the arse to play against. From memory most of his goals were of the tap in variety, but he did score quite a few in that season.

It was the right decision to let him go as he wouldn't have cut it in the Premiership, but he's a cracking signing for a part time team and I hope he does well for you.

if we sign him,I've not seen it confirmed yet Edited by optimistic

if we sign him,I've not seen it confirmed yet

I can't see us putting him in the squad photo without some sort of agreement in place. Hopefully we'll hear soon. I'd agree with the others saying we may pick up more yellows and possibly reds this year but I can't say that disappoints me too much. Routledge, Gallagher, Miller and Docherty are all more agressive than the folk they've replaced but vitally they look like they can play as well. I'll be happy watching us fighting hard to win the ball back rather than sitting off like last season.

I can't see us putting him in the squad photo without some sort of agreement in place. Hopefully we'll hear soon. I'd agree with the others saying we may pick up more yellows and possibly reds this year but I can't say that disappoints me too much. Routledge, Gallagher, Miller and Docherty are all more agressive than the folk they've replaced but vitally they look like they can play as well. I'll be happy watching us fighting hard to win the ball back rather than sitting off like last season.

Completely agree. I'd be shocked if we didn't get at least 4 red cards this season. 'Bout time we had a team of horrible, hard nutcases.

Wouldn't let me upload this straight on here so...

Clicky

I have no problem with players being hard, but I do have a problem with them being stupid. Miller yesterday gave away a foul. He protested to the ref that it wasn't a foul. Free kick having been taken, he continued to mouth at the ref. The foul was on the halfway line FFS! He'd have had a yellow card in a competitive game.

Darren Barr has been named our new captain.

Boot in the baws for The Chase that. Really feel for him as he's been different class for us.

I guess him and Barr are unlikely to be playing together so perhaps Andy will take on the Club Captain rather than team captain role Prunts had.

I have no problem with players being hard, but I do have a problem with them being stupid. Miller yesterday gave away a foul. He protested to the ref that it wasn't a foul. Free kick having been taken, he continued to mouth at the ref. The foul was on the halfway line FFS! He'd have had a yellow card in a competitive game.

That's what I feel Gary Fleming needs to learn. When my son was younger it was a fine for dissent even at training.

I quite fancy you guys to win the league. The Ross County Exile XI will be worth following.

Also, if you have signed Craig, this is what will happen. Not every game, but possibly at least once.

Edited by Savage Henry

I quite fancy you guys to win the league. The Ross County Exile XI will be worth following.

Were we full time and had a proven finisher I'd be inclined to agree, and I'm not often one for getting overly optimistic. As it stands though, I fancy us for staying safe from relegation with relative ease and finishing in comfortable, if boring, midtable.