Sons' sorrow

Pretty sure Rowan's a Dumbarton lad (assuming it's the ex Falkirk guy) Can't say I've ever heard of Cooper, where's he from?

Liam Rowan's a former schoolpal of my Daughter.

I think his Dad, Joe, was on our books in the late seventies/early eighties.

Heffernan screams overpaid journeyman to me. Another Nish. I'd love to see a Brophy or something on loan

Agreed, not up for someone winding down his career. Let's get someone who's wanting to prove themselves to play at higher level, like Kane.

Would like to get shankland in, think he was getting closer to the first team at aberdeen though at the end of the season.

Liam Rowan's a former schoolpal of my Daughter.

I think his Dad, Joe, was on our books in the late seventies/early eighties.

Spoke to him today, reckons he will be getting a deal at stranraer but nothing been signed yet.

Agreed, not up for someone winding down his career. Let's get someone who's wanting to prove themselves to play at higher level, like Kane.

Would like to get shankland in, think he was getting closer to the first team at aberdeen though at the end of the season.

Supposedly St. Mirren are interested in Shankland and waiting to hear back from the Dons. I actually think tonight's result will be helpful in our quest to sign him.

Supposedly St. Mirren are interested in Shankland and waiting to hear back from the Dons. I actually think tonight's result will be helpful in our quest to sign him.

You'd expect there to be more chances to score at St mirren so it would make sense. Just wonder if the benefit of training with your parent club and playing games with a part time team as opposed to training everyday with the new club would be seen as an advantage to both shankland and aberdeen. Was the same last year for some of our players, Stuart findlay was even playing for celtic u20s midweek then us at weekends.

You'd expect there to be more chances to score at St mirren so it would make sense. Just wonder if the benefit of training with your parent club and playing games with a part time team as opposed to training everyday with the new club would be seen as an advantage to both shankland and aberdeen. Was the same last year for some of our players, Stuart findlay was even playing for celtic u20s midweek then us at weekends.

Possibly. He did score 29 goals for the under 20's last season so Aberdeen may still want him to play for them.

Hopefully not for ourselves as I really hope we manage to sign Shankland. Could be a real handful in the championship next season, would be delighted if we managed to sign him.

I think he would benefit playing beside Thompson and maybe McInnes will see that too and that may edge it for us.

Possibly. He did score 29 goals for the under 20's last season so Aberdeen may still want him to play for them.

Hopefully not for ourselves as I really hope we manage to sign Shankland. Could be a real handful in the championship next season, would be delighted if we managed to sign him.

I think he would benefit playing beside Thompson and maybe McInnes will see that too and that may edge it for us.

Ah I never realised you meant signing him permanently. McManus by all accounts done excellent at morton last season and they let him go so you never know.

Heffernan screams overpaid journeyman to me. Another Nish. I'd love to see a Brophy or something on loan

Agree with this. As much as there is an argument for having an experienced striker the reality is often a player who at the tail end of his career isn't as effective as he once was. I'd much prefer to see us bring in a young hungry striker looking to improve and impress. Nish vs Kane being the obvious comparison to support that opinion.

Shankland would be excellent but that'll depend on what McInnes has in mind for him this season. McLean got his first goal in last nights impressive win in Europe so I'd expect him to be ahead of Shankland in the pecking order. A six-month loan to Scotland's premier part timers could be useful for all parties.

Agree with this. As much as there is an argument for having an experienced striker the reality is often a player who at the tail end of his career isn't as effective as he once was. I'd much prefer to see us bring in a young hungry striker looking to improve and impress. Nish vs Kane being the obvious comparison to support that opinion.

Shankland would be excellent but that'll depend on what McInnes has in mind for him this season. McLean got his first goal in last nights impressive win in Europe so I'd expect him to be ahead of Shankland in the pecking order. A six-month loan to Scotland's premier part timers could be useful for all parties.

Shankland's a striker and McLean generally plays left mid or centre mid, so I doubt there'll be much correlation between McLean's form and Shankland's availability for loan. Given that Shankland tore up the U20's scoring charts last season and was rewarded with first team chances at the end of last season, I'd imagine he probably won't be available for loan, but you never know. If he is then he'd have no shortage of suitors.

McManus banged them in for the under 20s before he came to us so im hoping McInnes with his Morton connections decides to send him to us, should he be available to go out on loan. I would imagine Duffy has enquired after the success of McManus.

As has been mentioned though, If he is available, most Championship club would be interested.

Ah I never realised you meant signing him permanently. McManus by all accounts done excellent at morton last season and they let him go so you never know.

No I meant just signing him on loan. Cant see Aberdeen letting him go, seems a real talent.