Sons' sorrow

We'll deserved win for Stranraer. Great goal by mcguigan.

Stranraer started: Brennan, Robertson, Pettigrew, Rumsby Trialist, Bell, Trialist, Thomson, Malcolm, McGuigan, Stirling.

Subs, Aitken, Longworth, Mair, McCloskey, Trialist, Trialist, under 20

Any idea who you're trialists were?

One year we'll start the season with a victory over you guys...one year...

Who am I kidding :(

Any idea who you're trialists were?

One year we'll start the season with a victory over you guys...one year...

Who am I kidding :(

Just a guess but the 2 that started may of been the same 2 as Saturday's win over morpeth town...defender Liam rowan and midfielder Joel cooper....not sure about the other 2 though...?

Just a guess but the 2 that started may of been the same 2 as Saturday's win over morpeth town...defender Liam rowan and midfielder Joel cooper....not sure about the other 2 though...?

Pretty sure Rowan's a Dumbarton lad (assuming it's the ex Falkirk guy) Can't say I've ever heard of Cooper, where's he from?

Aye, pretty much I think:

Starting Xi was:

Brown

Trialist Buchanan Barr Docherty

Cawley Routledge Gallagher Kirkpatrick Gibson

Fleming

Subs at HT and just after saw us line up something like this, I'd guess:

Brown

Trialist Buchanan Taggart Waters

McCallum Routledge Miller Kirkpatrick

Moutinho Smith

Thomson played centre half when Taggart came on, looked better there than right back if I'm honest.

How did he look overall? Worth signing?

Didn't really do much worth noticing at right back, went over his ankle the first minute though, don't think anyone noticed.

Won a few headers at centre half, seen the ball out a couple times. Wasn't really tested in a one on one or anything.

Guest TOPFITTER

Well, was it worth it? a resounding NO borne of watching an abysmal effort. I'd be surprised if the Gaffer didn't read the riot act, that is not the application nor then technical delivery Stephen Aitken will accept. Thoroughly deserved Stranraer FC win, the team of the 2 who an independent watcher would have thought were playing Championship football. Good job it's another pre-season run out as I believe this squad has potential!

Well, was it worth it? a resounding NO borne of watching an abysmal effort. I'd be surprised if the Gaffer didn't read the riot act, that is not the application nor then technical delivery Stephen Aitken will accept. Thoroughly deserved Stranraer FC win, the team of the 2 who an independent watcher would have thought were playing Championship football. Good job it's another pre-season run out as I believe this squad has potential!

It was our 3rd match since Thursday so I don't think Stevie will be overly concerned. Most of our players have featured in all 3 games.

Not being biased but it was an even game, neither side had many chances. stranraer scored a cracker of a goal then our sub who had been on the park about 15 seconds made a tits up of his first touch and let them in for the second.

Dumbarton had all the possession until the first goal then stranraer got a hold of the game, 2nd half sons had more possession without any bite up front. Realise you don't win games by just keeping the ball but I wouldn't say stranraer were much better if at all than us.

It was a pre-season work out, of course travelling any more than 10 minutes to watch it wasn't going to be worth it. The manager will read the riot act :lol:. Sit doon.

Pretty sure Rowan's a Dumbarton lad (assuming it's the ex Falkirk guy) Can't say I've ever heard of Cooper, where's he from?

I know liam rowan, he was always good when he was a teenager, didn't realise he was playing until second half, he played well.

Is he the son of 'Super' Joe Rowan, the Vale juniors legend?