Sons' sorrow

The rumour of 4 Championship clubs being after him must have been a load of shite then.

Not so apparently. Absolutely shocked he'd drop to that level after proving himself in the Championship a few seasons ago, he'll score for fun in that league.

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/craig-moore-signs-on-loan/

Craig Moore, 20, has signed on loan from Motherwell until the 4th of January. Ian said :”Craig is a hard working, aggressive striker who has good pace and can get in behind. He has a great eye for goal as he proved when he was on loan in the Championship with Cowdenbeath. There was plenty of interest in Craig from Championship clubs and we are delighted to have been able to secure him. Ian Baraclough has spoken very highly of him and he is still very much part of his plans.”

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I wonder if we are going to loan Brophy out?

Dumbarton would be a great move for him IMO.

I think the majority of our fans would be happy with a youngster like Brophy. Would agree with yourself that it would be a good fit for both the player and the club.

How's he looked when he's featured in your 1st team? Can't say I've seen much of him.

Frank Close and Pat Cairney were absolute bomb-scares of centre-halves in the 1980's who both relished a tackle as well as an OG or two. Pat was a worker with Tennents Brewery and a former team-mate told me that he once crashed at his place after a Saturday night out in Glasgow, and on opening the fridge hungover in the morning he was astonished to see it bulging with lager cans.

I have known Pat Cairney for years. He went to school with my brother.

He is a gentleman and junior football was his appropriate level.

Told me many tales of woe. A striker at Kilbirnie told him he was going to a wedding reception so could he leave him alone during the game. Agreement was made if the boy scored he was getting blootered. The striker ended up with a broken nose and swollen eyes after one of his own players headered him on the beak. Pat could nae move for laughing as the boy was taken off the park.

Was it not Burnley ? I think Ray Montgomerie arrived from Newcastle around the same time.

Monty arrived in '81.

Stephen Grindlay, in from Newcastle (or Grimsby, arguably) in 2001?

ETA Darren Gribben in 2009, depending on whether you want to say 'club playing in England' or 'club playing in English leagues'.

Edited by Boghead ranter