Sons' sorrow

I see that Steven Craig has now signed. I was wondering when the last time was that we signed a player whose last club was an English League side. Was it Willie Wallace? Allan Black for his second stint?

Colin Nish came from Hartlepool. He was only on loan at Dundee IIRC

Have Sons ever been full time at any point in history?

Not sure about early history. When Davie Wilson was boss (in his first stint), around 1979 there were about half a dozen 'full timers' I remember Alec Wright telling me that it didn't work out and was short-lived.

I had a suspicion I was wrong on the signing from an English club. With a bit of thought I'd have remembered Shay, Ray Montgomerie and Stuart Robertson but I wouldn't have got Paddy Boyle. Just checked and the font of all knowledge Wikipedia says we signed Stuart Robertson from Doncaster.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

I'm sure when Martin Mooney arrived from Falkirk he was a sort of player/groundsman on a full-time basis; a sort of latter day Chic Halliday.

I remember that too. I worked alongside his father and he told me he was a player/groundsman.

Better than being a player/manager, I suppose...........

I had a conversation with Ahmed Habib tonight about superglue 8) How was everyone else's evening?

Pretty involving.

Watched the 1st two episodes of Ch4's new French drama "Witnesses" then caught Ripper Street on beeb1.

Gory

Edited by Silverton End