Sons' sorrow

Hard to understand criticism of the team so far. Aitken seems to have got team selections and tactics right. The defence is definately better than last year. Gallagher and routledge are a great midfield partnership. Gibson is an entertainer the likes of which that we rarely see. Meanwhile Fleming is playing the best football of his career.

Let's enjoy what we have.

I think everyone will be enjoying our start. As i said on the match thread, this is about as good as it gets for us. The goals from open play/set piece ratio is an interesting observation but nothing more. Set pieces are won from attacking play so it's not like we're not getting forward. The goals will come. Let's not kid ourselves here, no one cares where they come from as long as the balls in the net.

Hard to understand criticism of the team so far. Aitken seems to have got team selections and tactics right. The defence is definately better than last year. Gallagher and routledge are a great midfield partnership. Gibson is an entertainer the likes of which that we rarely see. Meanwhile Fleming is playing the best football of his career.

Indeed, and those of us of a certain vintage who have witnessed veritable mountains of dross are absolutely revelling in all of this. And it's not only the team currently on the park; we even have a subs bench which looks pretty useful as opposed to the jersey-fillers and empty seats of recent times.

By all accounts Stevie Aitken has a very effective assistant in Stevie Farrell, we've attracted a manager for the U-20's and today I heard a glowing appreciation of Stuart Millar. Lots to be enthused about.

Quite chuffed I don't have to organise more time off work.

Brutal game tonight, absolutely chronic. Worst match in terms of excitement and quality I've ever seen!

Postives are that at least the QOS game went to extra time as well.

Aye, I wouldn't be getting overly bothered about cups. We've been winning when it matters.

Thought we looked absolutely gubbed tonight, particularly Gallagher. At 85 minutes I didn't care who scored just as long as we didn't have to play another 30 mins.

I was surprised to see Gallagher involved tonight given Miller was kicking his heels. He looked extremely fatigued towards the end.

Have any of you heard the rumour about Scott Brown from us joining you guys on loan? It's on our forum this evening. 20 year old centre mid, good range of passing, good shot on him and quite a few first team games for us. Played in most if not all our euro ties over the last couple of seasons as well as a few runs in our team in the league.

Biggest issues are his mobility and his awareness of the ball. The former wouldn't matter so much if not for the latter. He's a good prospect. Could do with regular games.

Have any of you heard the rumour about Scott Brown from us joining you guys on loan? It's on our forum this evening. 20 year old centre mid, good range of passing, good shot on him and quite a few first team games for us. Played in most if not all our euro ties over the last couple of seasons as well as a few runs in our team in the league. Biggest issues are his mobility and his awareness of the ball. The former wouldn't matter so much if not for the latter. He's a good prospect. Could do with regular games.

Would surprise me, we have plenty of players who can play in the middle.

Can we no just get Kane back?

Would surprise me, we have plenty of players who can play in the middle.

Can we no just get Kane back?

I know Dylan Easton didn't do too great last season, but he would do much better in our current team I reckon. I'd be looking to bring in a young striker and another winger.

I know Dylan Easton didn't do too great last season, but he would do much better in our current team I reckon. I'd be looking to bring in a young striker and another winger.

I was thinking that too, Easton would've thrived under Murray and Ross but only ever showed glimpses of being a footballer at all last year.

I wouldn't be averse to bringing him back almost to act as cover for Cawley and Gibson.

Speaking of Gibson, there was a guy a few rows behind me speaking about how he "just isn't good enough" and he doesn't like his demeanour on the pitch.

We have some truly horrendous 'fans'.

Have any of you heard the rumour about Scott Brown from us joining you guys on loan? It's on our forum this evening. 20 year old centre mid, good range of passing, good shot on him and quite a few first team games for us. Played in most if not all our euro ties over the last couple of seasons as well as a few runs in our team in the league. Biggest issues are his mobility and his awareness of the ball. The former wouldn't matter so much if not for the latter. He's a good prospect. Could do with regular games.

As others have said we appear to have plenty that can play there, the only way there will be any truth to this is if Stevie doesn't think one of our midfielders is up to it and as much as I hate to say it, the most likely candidate appears to be Darren Miller. If that's the case and Lindsay is out for 8 weeks then it's a bit more plausible that we could be after Brown.

As others have said we appear to have plenty that can play there, the only way there will be any truth to this is if Stevie doesn't think one of our midfielders is up to it and as much as I hate to say it, the most likely candidate appears to be Darren Miller. If that's the case and Lindsay is out for 8 weeks then it's a bit more plausible that we could be after Brown.

Maybe a 3 month deal or something, until Lindsay is fit again.

Thou shalt not doubt thy #666

Maybe a 3 month deal or something, until Lindsay is fit again.

Thou shalt not doubt thy #666

The fact he didn't even get off the bench last night suggests to me that something isn't quite right there, especially when Gall is blowing out his arse. Doesn't sound like Kirky was up to much last night either.