Sons' sorrow

And what performance measures do you look for to distinguish competency from incompetency in being a baboon?

Well, I can only answer for myself, but for me, a competent baboon is one who catches loads of vervet monkeys. Having never actually caught, nor eaten, a vervet monkey, I would have to concede that by my own standards I am an incompetent baboon.

Steven Craig injury: actually injured or pissed that he was (rightly) dropped for, as aptly described earlier, "standing around like a big fanny"?

I made the comment that Stephen Craig is not a footballer right after the Alloa game.

Nothing he has done since has altered my opinion. :rolleyes:

Stick him in a cardboard box and send him our way. We'll mail you Mark Brown in return.

Or you can have Jamie Ewings - I've heard he's about one and a half time the goalie that Brown is...........in size, anyway.

Do you guys want Murray and Spalding back? They are out there depth in Paisley.

No.

Murray appears to be proving some of the Sons fans right by him not being as tactically aware as I imagined. E was.

A lot of St.Mirren fans now seem to be bubbling under the surface, just waiting for a freak scoreline to happen, to get the knives out for him.

Football fans are fickle aren't they. Murray kept us in the Championship with six games to spare last season. If Aitken can do that as well are there any Sons fans out there who wouldn't be satisfied with that

Absolutely but there's no denying we were utterly dreadful from new year onwards. The squad was threadbare, vital players weren't replaced, our assistant wasn't replaced and there was even infighting going on after the Alloa pumping. The manager didn't look interested in all honesty and things had gone very stale. I had even heard from a player himself that a lot of them hated Spalding's training and that Murray wasn't all that well liked.

Am I thankful for what Murray achieved with us? Absolutely. Am I glad he's moved on? Absolutely. Call that fickle if you wish, but as I've said before we owe Ian Murray nothing, we took a gamble on a complete rookie and it worked for both parties.

Since ross left, Murray looked out of his depth.

I think that's unfair. As Nowhereman says nobody can argue with the job he did here and even working with different assistants has still kept us in the league. That's looking on the face of things and all looks good. However, BBPF has it spot on and I don't think that makes any of us fickle, especially considering there was a good bunch of us who said they'd hoped Murray moved on before he actually did so.

Absolutely but there's no denying we were utterly dreadful from new year onwards. The squad was threadbare, vital players weren't replaced, our assistant wasn't replaced and there was even infighting going on after the Alloa pumping. The manager didn't look interested in all honesty and things had gone very stale. I had even heard from a player himself that a lot of them hated Spalding's training and that Murray wasn't all that well liked.

Am I thankful for what Murray achieved with us? Absolutely. Am I glad he's moved on? Absolutely. Call that fickle if you wish, but as I've said before we owe Ian Murray nothing, we took a gamble on a complete rookie and it worked for both parties.

Have a greenie on me.....

As regards the six games to spare vis-à-vis Stevie Aitken this term, we'd need to have Livvy deducted 5 points to have a truly valid comparison. Ian Murray did very well for us, but there was a point last season when I think he and his agent began to work his ticket away from Dumbarton.