Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If it makes you feel any better, Isaac Layne was a key component of my Dumbarton side who got promoted from League One in FM. 

If it follows that, you'll sell him after a year and bring in Bruce Anderson.

Many weeks' wages did you fine him for being convicted of sexual assault? :lol:

Quite easily. We were not paying 600 quid a week for Dom Thomas you absolute mad man :lol: 
I'm trying to refrain from saying negative stuff about our signings but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed at Layne coming in. Absolute proven jobber who sounds like a terrible person.

Haha genuinely were.

Layne takes worst signing out of the whole league. Even with Airdrie taking nat Wedderburn [emoji23][emoji23]

I've had a bit of time to think about things, and I still cannot get my head around this one at all. 

I'm all for giving the three young lads a crack, they've played very little football at this level and will have something to prove. Layne has played loads of football at this level (and in the Championship...) and has never looked anything other than a below average jobber. Combine that with his utterly reprehensible behaviour off the pitch and I'm struggling to be anything other than gutted at his signing.

Prove me wrong Isaac. 

Jason Marr and Grant Dickie have both played under Duffy before, in the same team actually, so like McCluskey he knows who they are. Not convinced they'll be up to this level though.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Unless we all of a sudden have the worst budget in the entire league setup then I'll be pinning the blame for these shite signings on Duffy.

Thing is you earn more finishing 8th in The Championship than you do winning the League 1 title.

We lost well over a minimum of £100,000 in revenue just on our League placing prize money last season. No way we can afford that sort of loss.

I think Duff did a great job keeping us in League 1 last season tbh, we were rock bottom of the league on a few occasions until he changed things around January.

Thing is you earn more finishing 8th in The Championship than you do winning the League 1 title.
We lost well over a minimum of £100,000 in revenue just on our League placing prize money last season. No way we can afford that sort of loss.
I think Duff did a great job keeping us in League 1 last season tbh, we were rock bottom of the league on a few occasions until he changed things around January.
So the team finishing 8th in League 1, with higher crowds than most ofnl the division below, all of a sudden have an arse end of League 2 budget?

I fully appreciate the financial hit vs Championship prize money but it isn't to the extent of the players Duffy is choosing to sign.

Also, lets not forget what our Chairman claimed the aim was for the season ahead. I expect far, far better than what we're producing at the minute.

28 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Michael Paton any good ?

I always thought he was when he played against us, but he was by and large awful last season. Jumped out of tackles, looked to really struggle with his mobility and was absolutely horrific in front of goal. He looked like a guy who was absolutely hating his football.

This clip probably sums up his time with us...

Edited by Jan Vojáček