Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, pleslie99 said:

I know we have 2 GKs already so not really important but Alan Martin signing for EK is a shocker in my books. Surely us or another league team wouldve taken him?

He's far too good for that league. They must have offered him a bumper deal. Probably the best GK I've seen in recent times in a Sons jersey

There's a few Lowland League Clubs with fairly serious local investors now, Kelty, EK & East Stirlingshire spring to mind, and a fairly well sponsored Bonnyrigg Rose are also in the LL next season now.

Several decent players have opted to drop down a couple of divisions in this close-season already.

Quite astonishing that Alan Martin has been lured to EK to play in front of 186 fans.

#£owland£eague

There's a few Lowland League Clubs with fairly serious local investors now, Kelty, EK & East Stirlingshire spring to mind, and a fairly well sponsored Bonnyrigg Rose are also in the LL next season now.
Several decent players have opted to drop down a couple of divisions in this close-season already.
Quite astonishing that Alan Martin has been lured to EK to play in front of 186 fans.
#£owland£eague
The thing that I don't get is why we didn't at least chuck an offer his way. He was fairly vocal on Twitter about not having any offers a few weeks ago. I'm fairly confident we could offer more than EK, they aren't quite at the level of Salford City esque teams like Kelty. I don't understand this tactic of not even bothering to offer these guys something.

It's almost like Duffy actively avoids signing good, experienced players.

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The thing that I don't get is why we didn't at least chuck an offer his way. He was fairly vocal on Twitter about not having any offers a few weeks ago. I'm fairly confident we could offer more than EK, they aren't quite at the level of Salford City esque teams like Kelty. I don't understand this tactic of not even bothering to offer these guys something.

It's almost like Duffy actively avoids signing good, experienced players.

Agree. I've no idea what our finances/budget are or how they operate, what did we earn for finishing 6th in League 1 last season? £50k? At a rough guess, a drop of over £100k from The Championship 8th place money we were used to.

We got a loan from Rankine too.

It's gone quiet with C&G too, are they still offering jobs to signings, who knows.

The info about anything from DFC has been shocking tbh.

I would think we are in trouble BBPF, no idea how many season books we've shifted either, 250 or so? A good chunk of them will be the cheaper OAP & under 12 free ones too?

There was a load of bluster about going for top 4.

All I know is, same as yourself for myself it is frustrating & very fucking worrying.

I hate to say i told you so.

A good few weeks ago i made the point that we would end up with a load of dud players and emergency loans. I also made the point that the club/board/trust (whoever) have been very secretive about whats going on, and i was berated by the social media mouth piece from the trust....[emoji848][emoji848]

Seems to be panning out just as i said it would.

The fact we haven’t even made an attempt at getting Martin in is stupid IMO. But we’ll never know if we have cos the club wont tell us anyway, unless your in the wee clique surrounding the club. Its a joke. No wonder we cant get people to come down and support the club.

I still have the feeling of being looked at as an outsider and I’ve followed the sons for years. Its a vile atmosphere and i don’t see it changing anytime soon..

13 minutes ago, RGD89 said:

I hate to say i told you so.

A good few weeks ago i made the point that we would end up with a load of dud players and emergency loans. I also made the point that the club/board/trust (whoever) have been very secretive about whats going on, and i was berated by the social media mouth piece from the trust....emoji848.pngemoji848.png

Seems to be panning out just as i said it would.

The fact we haven’t even made an attempt at getting Martin in is stupid IMO. But we’ll never know if we have cos the club wont tell us anyway, unless your in the wee clique surrounding the club. Its a joke. No wonder we cant get people to come down and support the club.

I still have the feeling of being looked at as an outsider and I’ve followed the sons for years. Its a vile atmosphere and i don’t see it changing anytime soon..

This clique keeps getting mentioned yet nobody can tell me who's in it. If you expect the club to come out and explain why they haven't offered deals to every player then I think you're expecting a bit much.

Alan Martin snaked his way out the club last time he was here and has been punted from Queens after giving his own fans the finger. I'm honestly not that fussed.
Quitongo would be magical but I just can't see it.
Come on fellr, Martin is the best keeper we've had in years. I couldn't care if he took a big dirty shite on out badge, I'd still open my legs for him.

16 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:
That's because you're a slut.

I am. I'd welcome the worst of the fucking worst.

You might have to....The lack of signings means we will be going into the LC ties with a totally untried squad.

Ill say it here...Jai in ye come...he might, given JD is a bit of a mentor.....probably very wishful thinking though.

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Jai Quitongo signed a four year deal with some Iranian jobbers in March. I can't see him leaving that (and, one would assume the finances that it brings with it) to slum it in League One with us.

Didnt know that but he wouldnt be the first to get out of there in a hurry given the current tensions geo-politically.

Im stopping short of mentioning the strait of hormuz on a scot football website...

Didnt know that but he wouldnt be the first to get out of there in a hurry given the current tensions geo-politically.
Im stopping short of mentioning the strait of hormuz on a scot football website...

Lets not discuss geo political issues regarding player transfers.

Lets discuss something more pressing like ??

Oh i know kids with a drum, we managed to make that last a good few days