Sons' sorrow

ad32ccae-d22f-4c64-b082-f3bc9d9fc8c4.thumb.jpg.b9ae43814c75574a08bc5ac7b8d4f122.jpgunbelievable

What? The club reinforcing rules imposed upon them to avoid external punishment. It’s clear to see the club are really keen to attract young supporters and while believe the rules right now are ridiculous and we should be allowed to games, it’s not for me or Dumbarton to decide.

Aye, that's a token gesture statement to cover the clubs arse. I doubt anyone at the club is actually concerned about what the wee guys have done, they didn't get moved on during the game and they weren't causing any bother but the club need to say something after the picture goes viral. If bigger groups started turning up and we hadn't said something the authorities could throw a fine our way (unlikely but possible). 

We are now in pretty deep shit, and if we eventually drop into League Two then a great deal will lie in Jim Duffy's inability to assemble anything remotely resembling a strike force.  In particular the signings of Johnstone and Layne  turned out to be wildly optimistic  and poor Jamie Wilson has really gone backwards after a decent start.  Robert Jones' main virtue is that tries hard, but he isn't a tenth of  players such as Andy Brown, Colin Nish or Robert Thomson.  Staying out of the play-offs is looking like a tall order.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

We are now in pretty deep shit, and if we eventually drop into League Two then a great deal will lie in Jim Duffy's inability to assemble anything remotely resembling a strike force.  In particular the signings of Johnstone and Layne  turned out to be wildly optimistic  and poor Jamie Wilson has really gone backwards after a decent start.  Robert Jones' main virtue is that tries hard, but he isn't a tenth of  players such as Andy Brown, Colin Nish or Robert Thomson.  Staying out of the play-offs is looking like a tall order.

I don't think we should be fearing teams like Clyde, Forfar and Peterhead. It was less than a week ago where we deservedly beat Clyde away and if we can produce that same level we should have enough to avoid the drop. I do think we have been far too inconsistent this year but I don't think we can take much from tonight's match. Partick are a better team than us who are in better form and we ran out of steam in the last 20 mins or so.

It didn't help losing 2 key players in an already threadbare squad for the match.

[emoji1303] Crossan has been pants.

What constitutes a “decent amount of minutes”? He’s not starting games either because he’s not at the required level of fitness (noting injury problems out with his control) or because he’s not showing enough in training, or most likely a combination of both.
Full 90 against Falkirk and the best part of 30mins against Peterhead, Forfar and Airdrie. Enough time to make an impact, no? In all of those I’m struggling to recall anything of note from PJ. So despite the limited time on the pitch, the time he has has has been below the expected standard. He’s not alone.

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Fractured eye socket for Sam Wardrop apparently. Could be him out for the season, with thanks to Brian Graham, the c**t.

Disgraceful. That's assault.

The injuries sustained last night are the only thing that makes me believe we're in a particuarly worse situation than what we faced going into the Thistle match. Defeat for us and victory for Clyde was entirely foreseeble. As it stands survival is still very much in our hands and the fixture scheduling is arguably kinder now that we've dropped down a position.

But it would just be such a blow if none of Sam, Nat or Isaac feature in the post-split fixtures.

2 hours ago, George Parr said:

Disgraceful. That's assault.

The injuries sustained last night are the only thing that makes me believe we're in a particuarly worse situation than what we faced going into the Thistle match. Defeat for us and victory for Clyde was entirely foreseeble. As it stands survival is still very much in our hands and the fixture scheduling is arguably kinder now that we've dropped down a position.

But it would just be such a blow if none of Sam, Nat or Isaac feature in the post-split fixtures.

Seriously we need to highlight what he did...outrageous to do that to a fellow pro.If the footage is deemed to show intent then the book should be thrown at him no question.

Twitter,instagram whatever..get it out there.

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

Seriously we need to highlight what he did...outrageous to do that to a fellow pro.If the footage is deemed to show intent then the book should be thrown at him no question.

Twitter,instagram whatever..get it out there.

It is probably worse at a second look.

Defo intent. 

A coward's challenge. 

Banning Graham doesn't really help anything now, all it would do is confirm Barry Cook isn't really fit to hold the whistle (which we've known for years). I sincerely hope Sam is okay, if he's out for the season it's a blow but McAllister can cover there effectively. For me the bigger issue is Wedderburn being out for any length of time, especially if Carswell is also out.

Also, really feel for Brindley and to an extent McAllister. Both players being shunted around like a new born at a christening but both look like they'd be even more useful to us if they were played in their actual positions. 

14 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Does anyone know if a Referees Supervisor was there last night ?  I think the club has to raise this thro the appropriate channels.

Aye I'm sure our commentary team were having a chat with him.

And also aye the footage has been forwarded on to the club. It's up to them now.