Sons' sorrow

I don't really see how the SRG can be contacted to make a decision at 7.15pm on a Tuesday night. Are we to believe that as they're tucking into their mince and tatties they get a call asking if the Clyde game can go ahead.

Edited by Sons FC

3 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

I don't really see how the SRG can be contacted to make a decision at 7.15pm on a Tuesday night. Are we to believe that as they're tucking into their mince and potatoes they get a call asking if the Clyde game can go ahead.

It's mince n tatties you absolute savage

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I see Sam Wardrop went in for emergency surgery this morning, and has had a titanium plate fitted in his face because part of his eye was dropping into his sinuses. 

I'm not one for having a go at footballers, but I hope Brian Graham is hounded by Sons fans every single time he returns to play the Rock (if he ends up back in L1/L2 again). I could accept a mistimed challenge causing a nasty leg break, or a mistimed jump causing a head injury, but to chuck a frustrated elbow into a player's face is a shitebag move.

It's petty as anything, but I'd go as far as not allowing him access to games if he's ever involved in coaching/management and wanting to scout us/our opponents.

I've no idea if he's apologised to Sam. If he's accepted what he did and phoned up to wish him all the best then fair play, he can come back. But if he hasn't then I'm afraid he'll need to stand on his bike and watch games at the Rock from over the fence from now on.

^^^^Seething

The fact he’s currently scoring goals that are pushing Thistle towards a title is ridiculous. He should be serving a lengthy ban the absolute mink.

3 hours ago, Sons FC said:

I don't really see how the SRG can be contacted to make a decision at 7.15pm on a Tuesday night. Are we to believe that as they're tucking into their mince and tatties they get a call asking if the Clyde game can go ahead.

I think a game next Thursday and a large  fine will be in order

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The fact he’s currently scoring goals that are pushing Thistle towards a title is ridiculous. He should be serving a lengthy ban the absolute mink.

Apparently the referee supervisor sat in the stand was adamant that Graham should have been shown a straight red card.  Is there no way therefore that a retrospective punishment can be applied ?  Is DFC making strong representations to the Referees Committee of the SFA, and if not why not ?  Judging by the required surgery described above Sam Wardrop could be facing a very uncertain football future.  And that simply isn't acceptable.

Great result for us at Forfar tonight. Ball back in our court. Avoid defeat at Clyde on Saturday and we’re safe.
Not quite. We need to beat Clyde to ensure safety.

If we draw they are only 2 points behind us with a game to go each.

1 minute ago, Jordo1872 said:

Great result for us at Forfar tonight. Ball back in our court. Avoid defeat at Clyde on Saturday and we’re safe.

Don't know about that. I'd still fancy them to beat EF. At least its very much in our own hands and a nice bonus that we have the GD advantage.

6 minutes ago, super-son said:

Not quite. We need to beat Clyde to ensure safety.

If we draw they are only 2 points behind us with a game to go each.

I’d forgotten about that pesky East Fife ‘replay’. Big game on Saturday regardless and if we do our job we’re safe. It’s in our own hands.