Sons' sorrow

30 seconds on Companies house looking at the profiles and other directorships of the individuals does not fill me with confidence. 

The one glimmer of hope is that there must be easier ways to do a land deal than buying and killing a 150yr old football club.  

But it doesn't look good right now. 

1 hour ago, microdave said:

Set up two weeks ago. Matthew Atkinson is a mutual director of both. He's the architect. I've got the fear about this but willing to wait for a statement from them before going for full blown panic.Screenshot_20210430-201341_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

He’s going to be responsible for a revamp of the Falkirk stand! 😂 

There's been plans to build on the car park at the stadium for quite a wee while. I wonder if they could be using that to fund the buy-out.
Either way. I'm slightly buzzing that Brabco are gone, and terrified for the future. Hopefully we find out more about them and their plans soon.

Neil Rankine has a security over the car park. Wonder if they have paid that off

12 minutes ago, sonsism said:

Matthew Atkinson has now made his Twitter account private (@MattAtknsn) 

homer simpson GIF

Big Simpsons feel to this...

If your plan is to kill the club and build "more homes" (god hope its not) why the hell do you pick that as a company name!

Its hardly cloak and dagger or hiding in plain sight!

Its has to be a joke or mistake surely.

The Norwegians involved are interesting. 

I think we need to apply some logic to all of this.  This purchaser has almost certainly bought the Brabco company which includes the majority shareholding of Dumbarton FC, as opposed to purchasing the football club shares in isolation.  As such, there will almost certainly be a bricks and mortar element to the deal, which may well look to resuscitate the original Dalmoak plan.  In my opinion there is no way that a buyer has any intention of shelling out additional monies to maintain the existing decaying ground, and we had all better recognise that.  I also think that WDC may be very keen to see us exit the current site in favour of housing and a completion of the walkway, etc., and they may in turn be better disposed to a fine-tuned version of the Dalmoak plan. 

I think we should give this a cautious welcome until we know more about it all.  Prospective buyers for small football clubs are rarer than entries in our 'Goals For' column right now and presumably this deal is a serious intention.  However, given what I've written above about dusting down the Dalmoak plan we may find that the Brabco connection may continue in some shape or form - a bit of a worry if so.  Then again, there is every possibility that we may now have football people as well as developers at the helm, and that would be a step forward.

Interesting times ahead.

Nah.  Go full Lenin.  Kill everyone and everything associated with them.  The sons shall inherit the earth.  

But seriously though this to my mind doesn’t look good for you.  That ground and its location is unique in football.  You need to keep it.  Just try the John method instead of the Vladimir one.

We need to be very cautious. I know that there was strong interest from a Norwegian group looking to buy the club. Cognitive Capital certainly have a couple of folk listed who could fit that bill.

I'd ask the exact same questions of any new owner: Why do you want to own Dumbarton FC?

Andy Hosie being involved does not fill me with any confidence this is anything new. He was part of Brabco, ended up a convicted criminal and could've faced jail time. If he's running this we've essentially moved on Ian Wilson and replaced him with an arcitect and a Norwegian. Also, taking over a football club and saying absolutely f**k all to the supporters is not usually the way you announce yourself. The jury is out for me and they'll have a lot of convincing to do, if Hosie is involved we need clarity on his role too considering he's banned from running shit like this.

8 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

What is this all about?

I can’t believe I’m reading it. Dumbarton has one of the best, if not the best locations in Scotland, maybe except Eriskey

7EE499A6-C8B2-4BEF-A537-2B239D575DE0.png

You won't find anyone arguing with that, we are in an iconic location.  But sadly that picture doesn't tell the whole story.  We have a single stand which was built on the cheap and built on the hoof and now needs investment.  As do the floodlights, as does the pitch.

Now all of this could be done if someone was willing to do it but there isn't.  The previous owners strategy has been to cash in the site and build elsewhere, and I expect the new(ish) owners to try the same.

I would dearly love us to have a four-sided ground with public facilities to tie in with the Rock, but there is neither the vision or the money for that.  And we need to beware the words and the actions of local politicians.

The supporters and the community will again make representations but against this backdrop we may have to accept hard choices to preserve the football club.

People can use this thread to air their views but I'd also recommend joining the Sonstrust to enable these views to be heard where it matters.

I wonder if there’d be much support for a new stadium in the new industrial/commercial area the council are planning between Dumbarton and Bowling? It’s a brownfield site and lower risk of us getting turfed out in the future for housing? The council also get their walkway and NewCo presumably get their houses built.

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons