Sons' sorrow

8 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Aye that's the chat on twitter too! Clyde would need to forfeit I think and would they be able to play remaining games with isolating etc? Could get us out of jail 🙈

I doubt they'll be made to forfeit, clubs have already had that overturned. The rules state it goes on points per game if any club can't complete fixtures, so we really need to win tonight.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I doubt they'll be made to forfeit, clubs have already had that overturned. The rules state it goes on points per game if any club can't complete fixtures, so we really need to win tonight.

What if it turns out they've broken the rules? It may not turn out to be as straight forward.

On the clyde thread we apparently need 4 points from remaining games to be safe if it goes to ppg

14 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

What if it turns out they've broken the rules? It may not turn out to be as straight forward.

On the clyde thread we apparently need 4 points from remaining games to be safe if it goes to ppg

So looks like its getting a bit messy. Clyde have released a statement https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2021/04/27/6753/#.YIhl9b_TXqs

I note our clean sheet record in the 20 league games played so far is 40%. Quite remarkable for a club in our lowly position who allegedly signed the worst goalkeeper in the world a few months ago. If we go down this season I'd, unusually, be looking to retain the bulk of our backline. 

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Surely the points wouldn't be awarded to Clyde when it was their player who had Covid? Wrong signal doesn't begin to cover that.

East Fife refused to play despite (apparently) the JRG/SPFL saying the game could go ahead. Some are thinking this could be seen as East Fife forfeiting the match but I really don't think the authorities will view it that way. It'll be rearranged or decided with PPG as Pete says, I think. 

47 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Can't see the Clyde/East Fife debacle being settled with the awarding of a win. I'm certain it'll either be a rearranged game or PPG.

I think the other problem will be the Forfar game for Clyde on Thursday.Can't see that going ahead when the player involved had contact with the whole squad on Saturday and last night.Surely tests will need to be done and results received before Thursday's kick off?Otherwise the whole squad will have to isolate.Even Saturday's game could be at risk.

Stephen Dobbie leaving Qots. I wonder if he fancies a wee stab at rebuilding a gang. 
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that. Andy Graham and Kevin Harper have also been mentioned in this thread and I wouldn't be averse to either. Although Andy might be in with a good shout of the Alloa job.

Does Dobbie not live in Blackpool or something? I'm sure he was commuting to play for Queens, chances are he'll look for a coaching job down south.
I hope you're right but I'll be gobsmacked if he doesn't end up at Partick.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

East Fife refused to play despite (apparently) the JRG/SPFL saying the game could go ahead. Some are thinking this could be seen as East Fife forfeiting the match but I really don't think the authorities will view it that way. It'll be rearranged or decided with PPG as Pete says, I think. 

Darren Young and a number of the East Fife players have been on twitter disputing the claims about the JRG saying the game could go ahead. Its a bit of a mess, I cam only see a replay (if time) or a PPG solution. If one or the other is handed points for it there will be an outcry.

I see Sam Wardrop went in for emergency surgery this morning, and has had a titanium plate fitted in his face because part of his eye was dropping into his sinuses. 

I'm not one for having a go at footballers, but I hope Brian Graham is hounded by Sons fans every single time he returns to play the Rock (if he ends up back in L1/L2 again). I could accept a mistimed challenge causing a nasty leg break, or a mistimed jump causing a head injury, but to chuck a frustrated elbow into a player's face is a shitebag move.

It's petty as anything, but I'd go as far as not allowing him access to games if he's ever involved in coaching/management and wanting to scout us/our opponents.

I've no idea if he's apologised to Sam. If he's accepted what he did and phoned up to wish him all the best then fair play, he can come back. But if he hasn't then I'm afraid he'll need to stand on his bike and watch games at the Rock from over the fence from now on.

^^^^Seething