Sons' sorrow

Why is there such an obsession with building houses near/on Dumbartons ground? Just seems really weird that so many people seem determined to tie that in with the football club tbh, but I'm a total outsider with zero knowledge.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why is there such an obsession with building houses near/on Dumbartons ground? Just seems really weird that so many people seem determined to tie that in with the football club tbh, but I'm a total outsider with zero knowledge.

The land is worth a lot to a house builder. Houses already built all around the ground and moving us out the way for homes is a huge money maker.  We are simply an obstacle in the way of easy profit.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/four-architects-formed-in-manchester/

Why on earth would these c***s want to own Dumbarton FC? I think the supporters need answers and we need them fast, private twitter profiles and radio silence is not a good start. 

There's only 3 of them.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's now a long running saga but suffice to say that if we were talking about a ground like your own, Livvy's or Airdrie's this likely wouldn't be happening.  But we're not and the desperation of the previous owner to depart probably helped propel the DFC Board of the time into a grand plan with a number of external individuals who had formed a limited company registered in Belize in which everyone would benefit by us exiting the Rock site.  Once that idea was up and running it became a rearguard action to try and stop it, as many of us felt that the parties involved couldn't deliver.  And so it turned out.

Having been thwarted, the external guys themselves then sought an exit and now, here we are again with what looks like a Mark II attempt with a different cast list (but not completely it would seem).  That's the bare bones, the whole lot would take 20 pages.  But it's basically all about releasing capital from the current site.

I have nothing of substance to add but my take on it is that under BRABCO we were on a continual decline with the clock ticking.Pitch,floodlights stand all needing considerable maintenance/upgrading  I believe, and  WDC breathing down our necks with no knight in shining armour to save us.

BRABCO did us zero favours and now we have a newish party who are going to try and unblock the status quo.Something needs to happen and something pretty radical.It may be for the better or for the worse.But what is sure is  that the trajectory we are currently on will NOT end well.

If a stadium move means progress then i guess it has to be.If we fight it out slowly agonizing at our current site  I think we all know how that will probably end.

On the other hand ST JOHNSTONE'S move to their current ground was risky at the time but the difference was they had great owners who knew what they were doing and genuinely had the club's interest at heart.Not at all sure we can say the same for this new group.I think the best we can hope for is they move us to a sustainable new location while making a tidy profit and simply not killing off the club.

I think we need to apply some logic to all of this.  This purchaser has almost certainly bought the Brabco company which includes the majority shareholding of Dumbarton FC, as opposed to purchasing the football club shares in isolation.  As such, there will almost certainly be a bricks and mortar element to the deal, which may well look to resuscitate the original Dalmoak plan.  In my opinion there is no way that a buyer has any intention of shelling out additional monies to maintain the existing decaying ground, and we had all better recognise that.  I also think that WDC may be very keen to see us exit the current site in favour of housing and a completion of the walkway, etc., and they may in turn be better disposed to a fine-tuned version of the Dalmoak plan. 
I think we should give this a cautious welcome until we know more about it all.  Prospective buyers for small football clubs are rarer than entries in our 'Goals For' column right now and presumably this deal is a serious intention.  However, given what I've written above about dusting down the Dalmoak plan we may find that the Brabco connection may continue in some shape or form - a bit of a worry if so.  Then again, there is every possibility that we may now have football people as well as developers at the helm, and that would be a step forward.
Interesting times ahead.

I understood that Brabcos only asset was the football club, that they were formed simply to carry out the purchase. The new owners can only have one aim in mind and the football clubs health will not be at the top of their list. If it was there would have been more information available rather than a couple of paragraphs on the club website late on a Friday evening. Now where’s that golden share . . .

Henning Kristofferson has recently resigned from a football agency business called World Player Pool Ltd, but Kamila Kristofferson (his wife/daughter?) is still a director there. I think these folk would do well to get their cards on the table pronto. This has a bit of a "banter years" feel to it for me.

This Atkinson character looks fairly young. Like mid 30s or something. This is also a direct quote from his website...

Out of the office I like the simple things; playing Lego with kids, taking the dog for a walk with the family or an early morning ride out on the Harley.”

5643F55E-1FD8-472B-8079-F0111CB99951.png

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

This Atkinson character looks fairly young. Like mid 30s or something. This is also a direct quote from his website...

Out of the office I like the simple things; playing Lego with kids, taking the dog for a walk with the family or an early morning ride out on the Harley.”

5643F55E-1FD8-472B-8079-F0111CB99951.png

From what I saw before he put his Twitter on private he’s mad about American Football - basically every tweet. He liked a tweet about Blackpool once but that’s it - think he’s into cryptocurrency too. 

The new DFC director is an Everton fan. That’s a start I guess… 

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The land is worth a lot to a house builder. Houses already built all around the ground and moving us out the way for homes is a huge money maker.  We are simply an obstacle in the way of easy profit.

The land isnt worth that much. Previous Brabco schemes failed because they couldn't make anything like enough from the sale of the current ground for housing. Big clean up needed of the former industrial land. God knows what crap they dumped to fill the land our ground currently sits on. Would also be objections from Historic Scotland if it was anything other than a relatively small development.

Developing the current ground land wouldn't be straight forward. Certainly not at the profit Brabco thought, which is why we ended up with plan C at Youngs Farm. A move to Bowling wouldn't be much better given the likely congestion and complete lack of fan facilities nearby. And the fact that it's taking the club out of the town.

48 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Henning Kristofferson has recently resigned from a football agency business called World Player Pool Ltd, but Kamila Kristofferson (his wife/daughter?) is still a director there. I think these folk would do well to get their cards on the table pronto. This has a bit of a "banter years" feel to it for me.

The Norwegian plan involved using Dumbarton to develop prospects from abroad and sell for a profit. Difficult to do pre-Brexit. Probably even more difficult to do post-Brexit unless they're confident of not running into any work permit problems. If thats ultimately the plan then I'd be very concerned - the idea of Rangers and Celtic colts is bad enough, never mind Dumbarton becoming a Scandinavian colts team. I suspect its going to be a very interesting summer. Likely looking for a new manager. Squad rebuild, particularly if we do get relegated. New owners with a huge amount to prove to the fans. Definitely a lot of work ahead.

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

The Norwegian plan involved using Dumbarton to develop prospects from abroad and sell for a profit. Difficult to do pre-Brexit. Probably even more difficult to do post-Brexit unless they're confident of not running into any work permit problems. If thats ultimately the plan then I'd be very concerned - the idea of Rangers and Celtic colts is bad enough, never mind Dumbarton becoming a Scandinavian colts team. I suspect its going to be a very interesting summer. Likely looking for a new manager. Squad rebuild, particularly if we do get relegated. New owners with a huge amount to prove to the fans. Definitely a lot of work ahead.

All of this concerns me. Full on banter years if we start shipping in kids from abroad.