Sons' sorrow

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Banning Graham doesn't really help anything now, all it would do is confirm Barry Cook isn't really fit to hold the whistle (which we've known for years). I sincerely hope Sam is okay, if he's out for the season it's a blow but McAllister can cover there effectively. For me the bigger issue is Wedderburn being out for any length of time, especially if Carswell is also out.

Also, really feel for Brindley and to an extent McAllister. Both players being shunted around like a new born at a christening but both look like they'd be even more useful to us if they were played in their actual positions. 

It might put off further activity of this sort.Football is a contact sport but it looks like last night was sheer bampottery and deserves punishment IMO.

4 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

Aye I'm sure our commentary team were having a chat with him.

And also aye the footage has been forwarded on to the club. It's up to them now.

Aye he definitely saw it and gave us his take off air. I don't really feel it's right to stick that up on here - but he had a perfect view and I'd imagine it will be mentioned in his report.

18 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

It might put off further activity of this sort.Football is a contact sport but it looks like last night was sheer bampottery and deserves punishment IMO.

Brian Graham is 33 and as far as I'm aware isn't really known for his thuggery, he's not going to change the way he plays. It was a bad elbow and he should've saw red but a restrospective ban doesn't bring us any points, or get Sam back fit. If the club want to raise it with the authorities I've no problem with that but ultimately we need to move on.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Brian Graham is 33 and as far as I'm aware isn't really known for his thuggery, he's not going to change the way he plays. It was a bad elbow and he should've saw red but a restrospective ban doesn't bring us any points, or get Sam back fit. If the club want to raise it with the authorities I've no problem with that but ultimately we need to move on.

Making him play for us in the remaining games this season would be a fair punishment imho.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

f**k him. Get him banned.

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Making him play for us in the remaining games this season would be a fair punishment imho.

Surely the only fair thing to do would be to ban him and send us Zak Rudden on an emergency loan in way of an apology? Falkirk and Cove look to have bottled it anyway so they won't need him... 🙄

3 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

Surely the only fair thing to do would be to ban him and send us Zak Rudden on an emergency loan in way of an apology? Falkirk and Cove look to have bottled it anyway so they won't need him... 🙄

We still have hope and are playing fairly well. Need to say within touching distance and beat Partick on Tuesday then its in our own hands. HUGE ask as our squad isn't the deepest.

18 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We still have hope and are playing fairly well. Need to say within touching distance and beat Partick on Tuesday then its in our own hands. HUGE ask as our squad isn't the deepest.

I think we're down.

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Nah, I fancy Sons to finish 8th. Got enough about you's to stay up. Rock solid at the back and think you'll manage to score enough against the lower 4 clubs to get some wins

Fair enough, we've beaten Clyde (twice) and E Fife (once) but not Forfar or Peterhead.  I suppose six points would do it.

But I can't see six points.

11 hours ago, rockson said:

Fair enough, we've beaten Clyde (twice) and E Fife (once) but not Forfar or Peterhead.  I suppose six points would do it.

But I can't see six points.

Previous results are of no relevance here, we need to deal with the situation as it now stands.  In that regard I'm struggling to see how a group of players who have been adopting an ultra-defensive gameplan all season is suddenly going to switch to being offensive, especially when we have hardly an attacker worthy of the name and two of our best players were injured on Tuesday evening.  I really hope I'm wrong but on the basis of logic we look headed for a play-off.

We seem to be making this strip vote a hell of a lot more difficult than it needs to be. After fans voting on the original options, they've narrowed it down to two "sets" of strips. Fans now need to vote again on which set they prefer, but looking at the sets on offer, I like the home top in one of them and the away top in the other (the plain option in yellow and the plain option in white). But I can't choose both these options, I need to choose one of the honking ones I don't like. Why? There's two home tops there and two away tops. If the vote was so tight then put the two home tops to a vote and the two away tops to a vote. I've decided not to bother voting as I don't like 2 of the 4 options I'm being asked to choose.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We seem to be making this strip vote a hell of a lot more difficult than it needs to be. After fans voting on the original options, they've narrowed it down to two "sets" of strips. Fans now need to vote again on which set they prefer, but looking at the sets on offer, I like the home top in one of them and the away top in the other (the plain option in yellow and the plain option in white). But I can't choose both these options, I need to choose one of the honking ones I don't like. Why? There's two home tops there and two away tops. If the vote was so tight then put the two home tops to a vote and the two away tops to a vote. I've decided not to bother voting as I don't like 2 of the 4 options I'm being asked to choose.

Wee man, the sun is shining, the weather is nice. Get off the internet and have a walk. Who gives a shite what a football club's strip looks like.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

Wee man, the sun is shining, the weather is nice. Get off the internet and have a walk. Who gives a shite what a football club's strip looks like.

I'm sat in work trying to pass the time until I can enjoy the sunshine, let me be pernickety. 

Guest Peter LaFleur

I’ve just seen Graham’s elbow on Wardrop, that’s a red card all day long. He’s an absolute c**t of a man. With the cove goal and instances like that it appears you aren’t getting much luck with decisions. Would really like you boys to stay up.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Exactly what my preferences were and like you ended up not voting

Out of these terrible options I ended up going for the pair with the black away top. That way I can have a dark Sons top for when I’m on the dark team when we can finally play 5-a-side again. The following season’s kits better be belters though.