Sons' sorrow

15 minutes ago, microdave said:

I thought about that but I've settled  for full notifications on the Sky scores app. What settled it was that if fans were allowed, I wouldn't have actually gone to the game.

Fair point. Though watching online is much easier and more convenient than actually going over to Broadwood ever would've been.

Edited by FifeSons

Bit sad, but profiling players through stats and wanted to find the weirdest/most horrific players I could.

Yer boy Jones comes out pretty weird.

Sons.thumb.png.a7b7e34cdf44470b4388413d319b615e.png

Target man for lyf, and literally nothing else 😂

Score is out of 100, and based on the level played at, fwiw.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Bit sad, but profiling players through stats and wanted to find the weirdest/most horrific players I could.

Target man for lyf, and literally nothing else [emoji23]
Surprised he even came out as that to be honest!

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Target man for lyf, and literally nothing else 😂

He's actually in the top 3 of worst players I've ever seen play for us.

2 minutes ago, DFCdownsouth said:

Surprised he even came out as that to be honest!

TBH its an inherently flawed system using the score, its more just to filter out shite by filtering out anyone who scores below ~50, this is the "hall of shame" lowest scorers as STs.

SONS.png.a2000d1055eb995c767412804181dd76.png

4 minutes ago, the snudge said:

He's actually in the top 3 of worst players I've ever seen play for us.

I can see why, tbh. On paper he offers literally nothing apart from winning aerial duels, which can often be just preventing your opponent getting a clean header.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can see why, tbh. On paper he offers literally nothing apart from winning aerial duels, which can often be just preventing your opponent getting a clean header.

Doesnt even win the duels!  The service to him has been terrible, but having him as our starting number 9 is a huge reason we are probably going to be relegated.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBH its an inherently flawed system using the score, its more just to filter out shite by filtering out anyone who scores below ~50, this is the "hall of shame" lowest scorers as STs.

Calum Gallagher's an interesting one. He's had a poor season by his standards, albeit he's came into form recently, and most of his goals for us tend to be him being in the right place at the right time which I'm guessing doesn't reflect well in any stats.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm really surprised to see Jordan Allan at Forfar so low down. He's got a decent number of goals this season and always looks lively whenever I've watched him. 

Aiden Keena being so low down tells a story. Falkirk pinned some big hopes on him.

10 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Calum Gallagher's an interesting one. He's had a poor season by his standards, albeit he's came into form recently, and most of his goals for us tend to be him being in the right place at the right time which I'm guessing doesn't reflect well in any stats.

Airdrie.thumb.png.bad093ec63dce5558cbba94fa0b92949.png

Scores goals at a very good rate, and is average in terms of the build up. But doesnt win many aerial duels despite facing a lot, doesn't create many chances for others, and doesn't do much individual running. Don't know how fair that is?

Scoring system is flawed as it looks at all 5 categories and creates the score, so players who excel in one part and don't bother with others will score lower than they maybe should tbh.

Obviously "on paper" judging of players unfair too, just been trying to see if I can get a vague idea of players I can't watch lots of.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm really surprised to see Jordan Allan at Forfar so low down. He's got a decent number of goals this season and always looks lively whenever I've watched him. 

Aiden Keena being so low down tells a story. Falkirk pinned some big hopes on him.

both.thumb.png.3b5584898362c92ea079e49af7699a98.png

As I say, scoring system flawed as it looks at all categories, so players who are dreadful in certain roles get dragged down. Also in comparison to others in the division, so being compared to Megginson etc., means they'll maybe score lower than expected too.

Allan slightly below average as a goal threat, then well below average elsewhere drags his score down, while Keena being poor in the air drags him down.

Ideally I just filter by what particular roles you're wanting. Score is just a general thing to help filter out the worst.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

both.thumb.png.3b5584898362c92ea079e49af7699a98.png

As I say, scoring system flawed as it looks at all categories, so players who are dreadful in certain roles get dragged down. Also in comparison to others in the division, so being compared to Megginson etc., means they'll maybe score lower than expected too.

Allan slightly below average as a goal threat, then well below average elsewhere drags his score down, while Keena being poor in the air drags him down.

Ideally I just filter by what particular roles you're wanting. Score is just a general thing to help filter out the worst.

The thing about Allan is that neither Stuart Malcolm nor Gary Irvine seemed to fancy him much, despite his goal return. So that might explain why to a degree.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The thing about Allan is that neither Stuart Malcolm nor Gary Irvine seemed to fancy him much, despite his goal return. So that might explain why to a degree.

He scores low, but still higher than Shepherd, unsure who their first choice was?

Fenwick is their highest scorer in my system, while Doris didn't play enough minutes to qualify (I have to have a cut off of around ~600 minutes as everything is "per90", and it gets weird if you look at players under a certain amount of minutes).

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Airdrie.thumb.png.a381f108863a428d501eb5f09ddc0a94.png

Scores goals at a very good rate, and is average in terms of the build up. But doesnt win many aerial duels despite facing a lot, doesn't create many chances for others, and doesn't do much individual running. Don't know how fair that is?

Scoring system is flawed as it looks at all 5 categories and creates the score, so players who excel in one part and don't bother with others will score lower than they maybe should tbh.

Obviously "on paper" judging of players unfair too, just been trying to see if I can get a vague idea of players I can't watch lots of.

He definitely gets a lot of high balls launched towards him and isn't really a target man, so that bit seems spot on. I'd say his most natural role is almost a poacher, I generally feel he does an ok job of holding the ball up but he's at his best in the penalty box. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He scores low, but still higher than Shepherd, unsure who their first choice was?

Fenwick is their highest scorer in my system, while Doris didn't play enough minutes to qualify (I have to have a cut off of around ~600 minutes as everything is "per90", and it gets weird if you look at players under a certain amount of minutes).

I think Fenwick has been their main man since he arrived. Grant Anderson has also played up top a wee bit too I think. 

I was surprised when they signed Shepherd given he'd not torn things up in League Two. He might do a job for them next season mind you.