Sons' sorrow

Aye, it would be sad if this was the end of our SonsTV broadcasts. I really do hope the club keep them going for overseas viewers next season (and for highlights packages). We have a platform there with great content on it (interviews etc.) and it would be a shame to see it disappear.

Havent looked into it so apologies if this has been covered already.

Are they still looking to get up to 500 folk in the ground next Thursday or has that all fallen through? 

Would have though season ticket holders would be first port of call. Could it be arranged in the time scale though?  

38 minutes ago, PWL said:

Havent looked into it so apologies if this has been covered already.

Are they still looking to get up to 500 folk in the ground next Thursday or has that all fallen through? 

Would have though season ticket holders would be first port of call. Could it be arranged in the time scale though?  

500 allowed in as of Monday I think, so yes fans will be allowed in. Not sure how many season ticket holders we have this year but I'd be surprised if it's more than 500. Seems the 500 includes everyone in the stadium though and not just fans, so club officials, ballboys and stewards will count towards the overall number I would assume.

500 allowed in as of Monday I think, so yes fans will be allowed in. Not sure how many season ticket holders we have this year but I'd be surprised if it's more than 500. Seems the 500 includes everyone in the stadium though and not just fans, so club officials, ballboys and stewards will count towards the overall number I would assume.

So it could be turn up and get turned away?

6 minutes ago, optimistic said:

So it could be turn up and get turned away?

It'll be all ticket. For test and trace purposes I think the club will need to know who is in the stadium.

I'd imagine it'll be season ticket holders, with any leftovers going on general sale after that.

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Are you sure about that?

The guidance I've seen indicates "These numbers do not include any workforce/volunteers (including performers, exhibitors and participants) required to deliver the event, although consideration to physical distancing for workforce should take place, including in any back of house/non-public areas."

Which would mean 500 spectators alone with the rest being accounted for as part of the delivery of the event?

2 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Are you sure about that?

The guidance I've seen indicates "These numbers do not include any workforce/volunteers (including performers, exhibitors and participants) required to deliver the event, although consideration to physical distancing for workforce should take place, including in any back of house/non-public areas."

Which would mean 500 spectators alone with the rest being accounted for as part of the delivery of the event?

I'm not sure, no. Just what others have been saying on it, may well be wrong. 

Just now, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Are you sure about that?

Players/management count as participants. Everyone else; injured players, admin, media, scouts etc counts towards the 500 as far as I know. I was talking to our safety officer about it last night and that's certainly the advice that she was working with.

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Did we not only release 300 season tickets this year?  

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, it would be sad if this was the end of our SonsTV broadcasts. I really do hope the club keep them going for overseas viewers next season (and for highlights packages). We have a platform there with great content on it (interviews etc.) and it would be a shame to see it disappear.

Likewise. Its obviously not the same as being at the games, but for fans like me who can't make it to games very often, the coverage has been an absolute godsend. I'd happily pay any price the club wanted to keep being able to watch the sons every week.

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

He tried to burst my over-inflated ego. Which is probably for the best :lol:

Too big-headed with those sunglasses! 😉

Interestingly, my pal described it as test match cricket commentary at one point (which I think someone has actually said before?!). He loves cricket FWIW!

10 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Too big-headed with those sunglasses! 😉

Interestingly, my pal described it as test match cricket commentary at one point (which I think someone has actually said before?!). He loves cricket FWIW!

The look of someone who has an ego that is simply far too big now for lower league football.

Yup that's exactly how someone described it to me before! Chris is into his cricket I'm sure, and I certainly take that as a bit of praise. I'm glad that we've got a distinct style that is maybe a bit different to the normal stuff you get on football commentary.