Sons' sorrow

8 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

There was a guy who left the game early, but was prevented by the stewards from leaving the car Park until the game was over.

He said on Facebook that he was consulting a lawyer with a view to a false imprisonment claim.

Oh my. 

Partridge Cloud | it's still corporal punishment. see you in strasbourg.

Edited by FifeSons

8 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Mad it's taken him 14 games to realise I just talk a load of 's --t' for 90 minutes. I thought I'd be found out far sooner than in my last game. 

Normally I'd be pretty upset and have my confidence dented by something like that. But given he usually comes across as a complete weapon on the group, I reckon I'll sleep soundly tonight.

Thanks to everyone who defended us though! Tonight I had a nice message from Morgyn Neill and a nice message from James Wallace's maw about our commentary. That more than cancels out Graham Welsh.

Aye Mr Welsh spelled "well researched sensible commentary" wrong. 

7 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Mad it's taken him 14 games to realise I just talk a load of 's --t' for 90 minutes. I thought I'd be found out far sooner than in my last game. 

Normally I'd be pretty upset and have my confidence dented by something like that. But given he usually comes across as a complete weapon on the group, I reckon I'll sleep soundly tonight.

Thanks to everyone who defended us though! Tonight I had a nice message from Morgyn Neill and a nice message from James Wallace's maw about our commentary. That more than cancels out Graham Welsh.

No word of a lie, yours and Chris’ commentary has been first class throughout. Absolutely no idea where that fella has got off on slating it.

You guys have been passionate, informed, unbiased and genuinely interesting to listen to. And we’re all delighted you have to do it again for one more game. Excellent commentary, let’s hope we can end the season on a high.

Agreed! Your commentary has been fantastic all season and his frustration is probably down to a lack of intelligence to understand simple patter.

41 minutes ago, CatAlan said:

No word of a lie, yours and Chris’ commentary has been first class throughout. Absolutely no idea where that fella has got off on slating it.

You guys have been passionate, informed, unbiased and genuinely interesting to listen to. And we’re all delighted you have to do it again for one more game. Excellent commentary, let’s hope we can end the season on a high.

6 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Agreed! Your commentary has been fantastic all season and his frustration is probably down to a lack of intelligence to understand simple patter.

Cheers guys - glad you've enjoyed it! I do wish we had more football to talk about;  but a lot of it has been filling air during a pretty dire spectacle!

Afraid you won't have us for one last game though @CatAlan - the SPFL moving the playoff final to the Thursday night from the Tuesday meant that it collides with me being on holiday. I won't lie, I'm gutted.

12 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Cheers guys - glad you've enjoyed it! I do wish we had more football to talk about;  but a lot of it has been filling air during a pretty dire spectacle!

Afraid you won't have us for one last game though @CatAlan - the SPFL moving the playoff final to the Thursday night from the Tuesday meant that it collides with me being on holiday. I won't lie, I'm gutted.

I'm delighted.

Sincerely, Gordon.

14 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Well your commentary will be missed, that’s for sure. Although I can’t believe your prioritising a nice, relaxing holiday over a nail-biting second leg against Edinburgh. For shame.

So does this mean that Chris takes the reins solo for the game or do you come as a package deal? You’re no’ there so he’s no’ there haha?

I assumed it being on Alba would have negated the need for a stream anyway.

The commentary has been excellent all season, great chemistry.

I suppose the only thing it doesn't offer, that other commentaries have, is the pain of having to describe Dumbarton goals through delicious, salty tears. Omar's goal at Falkirk being a good example.

3 minutes ago, CatAlan said:

Well your commentary will be missed, that’s for sure. Although I can’t believe your prioritising a nice, relaxing holiday over a nail-biting second leg against Edinburgh. For shame.

So does this mean that Chris takes the reins solo for the game or do you come as a package deal? You’re no’ there so he’s no’ there haha?

I won't lie. I tried to move it, and tried to talk my girlfriend into letting me leave our wee break midway through our holiday for some playoff tension. But she wasn't having it...

Believe Daniel Church has grabbed my spot, so it'll be him and Chris (assuming he's still up for it by Thursday!) He was a really good talker when I spoke to him for the paper and earlier in the season, so that should make a nice change from me banging on about the weather 😂

Edited by Jan Vojáček