Sons' sorrow

20 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Nope. There's no refreshments

• No Kiosk facilities: food and drink can be brought in, in line with Ground Regulations

• No cans/bottles permitted in stadium

• Strictly no alcohol

I'll be thinking about you all in the stadium early doors when I'm having dinner and cracking open a bottle of Paulaner Helles, even if it means BBC Dotaman.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

I'll be thinking about you all in the stadium early doors when I'm having dinner and cracking open a bottle of Paulaner Helles.

I had put my name in the hat for a ticket for the general sale, but the prospect of rushing straight there from work and then spending 4 hours in the stadium isn't filling me with joy.

Might still attend if offered though. #mug

Just now, Nowhereman said:

Can't have you standing next to someone in a queue can we?

It's a complete joke. Folk can book pubs and sit there for 2 hours with a room full of strangers who will come and go, but we can't open our bar for the controlled number of people that will be attending. Folk can literally go and meet other households outside any time they want but folk are being made to turn up 2 hours before kick off so they don't mix with others. Feel for the club, been itching to get fans back in then they need to offer up this sanitised pish. 

39 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I had put my name in the hat for a ticket for the general sale, but the prospect of rushing straight there from work and then spending 4 hours in the stadium isn't filling me with joy.

Might still attend if offered though. #mug

I was working until 6:30. Only 15 minutes away from the ground but I wasn't going to rush there. Swapped shifts so I'm an earlier finish now, but I still fancy some dinner and a couple of beers. Hopefully it'll be job done Thursday night, Duffy out Friday morning and the start of building for the new season.

There is another way to view all of this.  Ten days ago it didn't look very likely that we would have a chance of staying up.  As of now we not only have that chance but up to 500 supporters could be in attendance to witness it.  All of this after a year when we've been stuck watching our football indoors .

I'm planning to go on Thursday, and speaking as someone who enjoys a pre-match beer, compared to the prospect of being there as we see out the season from Hell by hopefully retaining our Division One status, the fact that there will be no bar, food, etc., matters absolutely jack shit.

As for the protocols and the early arrival situation, perhaps view these as a necessary but temporary irritation rather than an assault on our personal liberties.  Chill guys.

No catering makes absolutely no sense when I can walk into a McDonalds, order a burger and eat it within the premises.

If thats a requirement of getting fans back into the ground then it's mad. If it's a consequence of our caterers essentially having had to shut down for the year then it's entirely understandable.

54 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

There is another way to view all of this.  Ten days ago it didn't look very likely that we would have a chance of staying up.  As of now we not only have that chance but up to 500 supporters could be in attendance to witness it.  All of this after a year when we've been stuck watching our football indoors .

I'm planning to go on Thursday, and speaking as someone who enjoys a pre-match beer, compared to the prospect of being there as we see out the season from Hell by hopefully retaining our Division One status, the fact that there will be no bar, food, etc., matters absolutely jack shit.

As for the protocols and the early arrival situation, perhaps view these as a necessary but temporary irritation rather than an assault on our personal liberties.  Chill guys.

The worry for me is that these sorts of ridiculous measures are what is expected when we get fans back next season. None of the measures put in place here are actually stopping the spread of the virus, given we can all legally mix with people prior to getting to the stadium. Big bad football fans shouldn't have fun!

Nannying pish. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

The worry for me is that these sorts of ridiculous measures are what is expected when we get fans back next season. None of the measures put in place here are actually stopping the spread of the virus, given we can all legally mix with people prior to getting to the stadium. Big bad football fans shouldn't have fun!

Nannying pish. 

Agree with this, bit of a joke.  1400 folk allowed in Ikea to shop at one time.  No limit to the number of folk cutting about braehead, chaos on a Saturday, but football fans need to turn up well in advance for a game.  

I get that the club might not have the staff to get fans in/temperature checked rapid so having them turn up close to kick off might be a no go right enough, but still.

The catering thing probably wouldn't be a money spinner for the caterers. Paying staff having them trained in protocols etc. There's a temperature check at the gates aswell.

There's an ushering system to a seat that I presume is already allocated. It'll be like a night at a posh opera

To be honest it is rather tedious but it's quite historic and getting the chance to go isn't something I can refuse.  In my job I'm quite used to all the protocols and banality of it all now so this shouldn't be too bad. Sign of the times. 

I'm double vaccinated and testing twice weekly so when the stewards aren't looking I'm licking the seats

Earlier I was quite disappointed that I wouldn’t be able to attend in person on Thursday but having read those guidelines it hardly seems worth the hassle. TV and a beer is more appealing. 

Hopefully it is just a temporary thing or we have the option of keeping the streaming going next season. 

41 minutes ago, microdave said:

I usually turn up to gigs about an hour or so before the main act comes on. It might be boring and long, waiting for the ko but the time will pass.

We should get Shakehands Tom in as the warmup act.