Sons' sorrow

RE Peter Houston

My first reaction was that I wasn't sure I could face yet another 'guid fitba man' ( © @Francesc Fabregas )

But to be honest. I'd just settle for someone who's strategy is to score more than the opposition rather than concede less than them. 

13 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Some funny comments on Twitter. Apparently only signing Ronaldo would be an upgrade on Forbes.

That being said, I hope we don’t wait too long to get things in place for next season.

I'm pretty sure Ronaldo is the same weight as Forbes these days, so at least he could fill the jersey.

I'd rather we took the risk with an ambitious young guy looking to start their management career. It's a risk but I'd rather we tried it than went for a tried and tested older manager who has nothing left to prove and who isnt looking at impressing enough to earn a move to a bigger club. If we were to appoint a young manager who impressed enough to earn a move to a full time team 2 years down the line? Job done for him and job done for us because we've had him bursting a gut to impress when he was with us. Also a good chance of somebody with recent playing experience having some decent contacts in the game through former teammates and recent opponents.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57271111

Not  the right forum for this I know but it's amazing what a short memory  these c***s have.Another breakaway (cos it worked so well the last time when aw c**t went bust) and blaming clubs like ours for holding the game back.FFS

John Nelms sent Dee's vote into a quarantine folder for a whole month.Everyone screaming for him to get the vote in and he couldnae find it.f**k off not everyone was born yesterday.

Sorry ragin when i read this shite....think I'll go oot for a walk...

Edited by lorenzo71

Guest Peter LaFleur
5 hours ago, PWL said:

RE Peter Houston

My first reaction was that I wasn't sure I could face yet another 'guid fitba man' ( © @Francesc Fabregas )

But to be honest. I'd just settle for someone who's strategy is to score more than the opposition rather than concede less than them. 

I’d lean towards the opinion that Houston is another concede less than them type manager. He had our Falkirk team set up incredibly well with tremendous team spirit and everyone battling for the full 90minutes. It wasn’t pretty to watch at times but you left the game knowing everyone had burst a lung for the club. His major downfall was his recruitment which let him down horrendously. He’s definitely a better option that Ray McKinnon.

32 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Not  the right forum for this I know but it's amazing what a short memory  these c***s have.Another breakaway (cos it worked so well the last time when aw c**t went bust) and blaming clubs like ours for holding the game back.FFS

John Nelms sent Dee's vote into a quarantine folder for a whole month.Everyone screaming for him to get the vote in and he couldnae find it.f**k off not everyone was born yesterday.

In the league 5 mins and he’s agitating to pull up the drawbridge. Remarkable but perhaps not entirely surprising when you note he’s running a club with a long history of making a complete arse of their affairs.

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

Surprise surprise.

When the SPFL was set up after the Rangers collapse I said that when all the so-called big clubs got back into the top division - which with Dundee Utd, Hearts and Dundee now there they have - they'd pull up the drawbridge and cast the rest of us adrift again.

Surely too early for manager news - maybe a player has decided to commit to us anyway? [emoji848]

Reckon it will be to do with season tickets rather than players/manager signing

Reckon it will be to do with season tickets rather than players/manager signing

I stand corrected, can only wonder who made this decision though especially a 2 year deal