Sons' sorrow

Just think if we had sorted temporary stands. We wouldn't have such problems.

Of course all these issues are linked to the same ploy to get us out of BBS to young's farm and prove the point the stadium isn't fit for purpose, albeit for one season only.

Of course all these issues are linked to the same ploy to get us out of BBS to young's farm and prove the point the stadium isn't fit for purpose, albeit for one season only.

As far as I know you need planning permission even for temporary structures , WDC would not give planning permission would they?

If they are in cahoots with Brabco to move to Renton Road

As far as I know you need planning permission even for temporary structures , WDC would not give planning permission would they?

If they are in cahoots with Brabco to move to Renton Road

Planning permission was not requested.

You would t spend money on an application if you knew it was rejected before you started

Fair enough but if we really wanted to put temporary stands up we would have found a way. I believe there just was not the will to drive it forward. Planning was a hurdle but was in no way the reason we have no additional accomodation.

Maybe i'm a cynic but to me it's so obvious whats going on here.

A centre-back, striker and goalkeeper are all surely top of Murray's shopping list now. Feel a lot more optimistic about the squad than I did a few weeks ago. We've done really well in retaining all the key players, other than McGinn of course, who was always going to move on to bigger things.

A centre-back, striker and goalkeeper are all surely top of Murray's shopping list now. Feel a lot more optimistic about the squad than I did a few weeks ago. We've done really well in retaining all the key players, other than McGinn of course, who was always going to move on to bigger things.

Totally agree with you and was just going to do a very similar post. Anyone any ideas on which players we may be targetting to fill these positions? Craig Gordon would be a cracker but extremely unlikely. Kane on loan again would be nice, again unlikely, how about someone like Craig Beattie? As for a centre half, no idea who's available.

Regards Ryan Donnelly, i know the early promise he showed at Airdrie hasn't materialised but does no one think he's worth a punt?

Fair enough but if we really wanted to put temporary stands up we would have found a way. I believe there just was not the will to drive it forward. Planning was a hurdle but was in no way the reason we have no additional accomodation.

Maybe i'm a cynic but to me it's so obvious whats going on here.

When it comes to cynical I am king ha ha

I'm not convinced he ever had ability better than the lower depths of Scottish football. A somewhat lucky 6 months were everything went for him resulted in his stock being ridiculously over inflated. That's it.

Agree with this^^^

I dont know if true but have there been a section of season tickets been reserved for an ultras group? If so that could explain the quick sell out

Hope that's not true, 'ultras' over here are always pathetic just look at Livis.

Donnelly is a strange one. He certainly seems to have fallen from grace pretty spectacularly over the past few seasons. It wouldn't be the most exciting signing by any means, but if Murray sees something in him then who am I to question that. I remember when we signed Lister how underwhelmed everyone (including me) was, and look how that turned out.

Of course all these issues are linked to the same ploy to get us out of BBS to young's farm and prove the point the stadium isn't fit for purpose, albeit for one season only

Why would they have to prove that point? and to whom? Wouldn't the building of temporary stands prove that point too?

Donnelly is a strange one. He certainly seems to have fallen from grace pretty spectacularly over the past few seasons. It wouldn't be the most exciting signing by any means, but if Murray sees something in him then who am I to question that. I remember when we signed Lister how underwhelmed everyone (including me) was, and look how that turned out.

He saw something in Owen Ronald too :huh:

He saw something in Owen Ronald too :huh:

Yeah, he had got a couple wrong but ultimately he has a great record with signings. Even the player he didn't sign, he managed to get the best out of. I'll trust muzz to make the decisions he is meant to. If he feels Donnelly is worth a punt then so be it. He is very young and could turn out decent. He is only training with us at the moment though. Edited by squeezebox-son

I'm not sure we can read too much into who's training with us, Murray was happy to give training facilities to people that needed it last pre-season and it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case for Donnelly.

Good to have Nish signed up again. I'd imagine, given last season Muzz felt he needed another striker to partner Nish instead of Fleming or Prunty, he'll be on the look out for another one. Perhaps he's thinking about Donnelly but I don't think he has enough quality. Definitely need a first choice 'keeper and a centre half as well IMO.

EDIT - I see Doris has been released from Dundee, I'd prefer him over Donnelly in all honesty.

Edited by The Moonster