Sons' sorrow

I said a couple of weeks ago that the encouraging thing about our Stranraer loss was that we didn't collapse, well unfortunately yesterday we did and I'd be lying if this wasn't bringing back all sorts of PTSD from last season. Faz needs to clear the heads, and if there is any lingering arguments among the squad then get them sorted now. The suggestion last season was there were people causing rifts in the dressing room, but there has also been the suggestion that those folk were punted in the summer and the dressing room was now strong. Well now is when you show us how strong it is. Perhaps its also time to accept that shifing a tried and tested midfield of Blair, Gray and McKee around to try and fit in Ryan Wallace isn't the best plan of action. 

It's stupid to be calling for the gaffers head this week but his first quarter will only keep him onside for so long, we really need to get back on track over the next 5 games. 

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I said a couple of weeks ago that the encouraging thing about our Stranraer loss was that we didn't collapse, well unfortunately yesterday we did and I'd be lying if this wasn't bringing back all sorts of PTSD from last season. Faz needs to clear the heads, and if there is any lingering arguments among the squad then get them sorted now. The suggestion last season was there were people causing rifts in the dressing room, but there has also been the suggestion that those folk were punted in the summer and the dressing room was now strong. Well now is when you show us how strong it is. Perhaps its also time to accept that shifing a tried and tested midfield of Blair, Gray and McKee around to try and fit in Ryan Wallace isn't the best plan of action. 

It's stupid to be calling for the gaffers head this week but his first quarter will only keep him onside for so long, we really need to get back on track over the next 5 games. 

Farrell will get the next quarter at the very least and I reckon he’ll get even more than that tbh. I’ll be expecting to see a big reaction at home next weekend - I just hope @Frank Quitely doesn’t take any loyalty points off me for having to miss it for my mother in laws 60th.

8 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

No, my opinion is based on numerous factors. I’m not an idiot, I’m well aware we haven’t been blowing teams away this season. Regardless of all that you are trying to give clout to a fucking loony who wants the gaffer sacked tonight and you are trying to imply I’m wrong for finding that absurd. Maybe in 8 games time I’ll be posting on here wanting Farrell bagged but anyone who wants him sacked tonight is a deluded fanny.

If you want Farrell sacked after today then you are also an absolute fanny.

So speakth God

Get off yer high horse.

31 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Farrell will get the next quarter at the very least and I reckon he’ll get even more than that tbh. I’ll be expecting to see a big reaction at home next weekend - I just hope @Frank Quitely doesn’t take any loyalty points off me for having to miss it for my mother in laws 60th.

Oh I don't doubt this board will give him until January and probably beyond, but if things don't improve in the next 5 games it's not going to be a very enjoyable time for supporters or players. If we can stop this wee mini slide with some good results hopefully a few folk will calm down. 

8 hours ago, microdave said:
10 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:
So your opinion is based on weekly highlights, thanks for confirming that.  I welcome your take on the highlights of today's debacle.
As for Farrell, I fear that he has more belief in his abilities than several of his players do.  And as for the cliche about the league table not lying, that normally applies at the end of the season - the only time that actually counts.

There seems to be a bit of you're not at the game so you can't have an opinion going on here. Bbpf is entitled to have an opinion no matter how he's consuming each game. Watching highlights is certainly much better than when I lived overseas and had a Dumbarton Reporter delivered every Thursday. Don't criticise folk if personal circumstances mean they can't attend games. I've been there and I've always been a committed Dumbarton supporter.

I'm not questioning anyone's support or commitment but what I am suggesting is that seeing highlights of games is literally not the full picture.  As for criticism, I think that's healthy debate, but abuse like calling a fellow supporter a 'knicker-wetting loonball' or an 'absolute fanny' because you don't agree with their opinion isn't.  Or do you disagree ?

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Hopefully we win next week so you go on another mute month again, you absolute weapon.

I sincerely hope that is the case

You are the most arrogant c**t on this forum.I want Farrell binned and have wanted him binned since last May.But you say if he keeps doing badly bin him after the next 5 games just because you say so.Incredible..anyone who doesnt think like you is a fanny.

Heil BBPF

2 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

I'm not questioning anyone's support or commitment but what I am suggesting is that seeing highlights of games is literally not the full picture.  As for criticism, I think that's healthy debate, but abuse like calling a fellow supporter a 'knicker-wetting loonball' or an 'absolute fanny' because you don't agree with their opinion isn't.  Or do you disagree ?

Exactly my point above.

5 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

I'm not questioning anyone's support or commitment but what I am suggesting is that seeing highlights of games is literally not the full picture. 

Perhaps those not emotionally affected by watching a 6-0 humping can give a calmer perspective of things, and therefore their comments are helpful to the debate. Personal abuse may be uncalled for but I don't think it can be debated that wanting your manager sacked when he has the team two points clear at the top of the league despite a 6-0 humping is knicker wetting. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Perhaps those not emotionally affected by watching a 6-0 humping can give a calmer perspective of things, and therefore their comments are helpful to the debate. Personal abuse may be uncalled for but I don't think it can be debated that wanting your manager sacked when he has the team two points clear at the top of the league despite a 6-0 humping is knicker wetting. 

Fine.  Over to Stevie Farrell and his squad.

8 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

I sincerely hope that is the case

You are the most arrogant c**t on this forum.I want Farrell binned and have wanted him binned since last May.But you say if he keeps doing badly bin him after the next 5 games just because you say so.Incredible..anyone who doesnt think like you is a fanny.

Heil BBPF

You are a seething mess. Go and have a lie down. Or maybe you can just keep pretending you do this negativity thing as “reverse psychology” and not because you get a raging stauner at us getting beat.

13 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

You have still to confirm what points the resident loony made that were correct… we await. And aye, me calling him a fanny is being kind tbh.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You are a seething mess. Go and have a lie down. Or maybe you can just keep pretending you do this negativity thing as “reverse psychology” and not because you get a raging stauner at us getting beat.

Why would I be happy at getting beat?Makes no sense.

This season we must go up  and I really do not think SF is the man for the job.My opinion and i couldnt give a flying f**k what you think or if you agree or not.

56 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think if last season hadnt happened it would absolutely be knicker-wetting.But  fans are aware of our collapse last season which is why so many are concerned.

6 minutes ago, cremola foam said:

Call me paranoid, because I am.

That director goes, a long rambling piece on the site begging the support to stay on board and now a thumping out of nowhere.

Are these events connected in any way?

Not unless this director was some sort of bond villain-esque character pulling all the strings from the shadows. Seen as I would highly doubt that to be true, then no they're not connected. 

I suspect the article was purely there in case say we lost a game badly and then everyone lost their minds a bit