Sons' sorrow

23 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Do you genuinely believe this board will sack him in the near future? They have shown absolutely nothing to suggest they will - whether you, me, Pele the Elephant or anyone else wants him to go. If they backed him after last season then there isn’t a hope in hell his position is in jeapordy at the minute

Well we're basically talking about one Director from a Board of three, and my gut feeling is that based on what I'm now watching, events on the park will begin to overtake whatever sentiment, hope or wishful thinking is in play.

We have been going backwards recently and there is little to suggest that anything is going to change radically under the current set-up. Kicking the can down the road is a very poor option IMO.

19 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Seeing a few folk on social media saying how bad it is that we’ve let a 10 point lead slip.

Just to play devil’s advocate, is Stevie Farrell a victim of his own success, to an extent?

Success is judged in May so the answer to your question is no.

40 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Seeing a few folk on social media saying how bad it is that we’ve let a 10 point lead slip.

Just to play devil’s advocate, is Stevie Farrell a victim of his own success, to an extent?

I have to say no to the second point there 

We looked a team void of ideas today. Not miles apart from the team who won seven, but light years apart from the team spirit we had then. I missed the Bonnyrigg home win due to illness and didn't go to the subsequent three away games, but before today we'd seemed ugly but lucky, unadventurous but resolute. So what changed?

I think it's beyond me , how we've let a 10 point lead slip ! last week we were nowhere to be seen from the start to end .   Punt punt punt up the park . 

When we get the ball on the ground and play football we actually play really well and it's frustrating to see  us revert back to long balls into nowhere  . 

We have really good play from Lynas and orsi down the right  linking up and over lapping , the speed of McLean and gray . We can do damage running at defences and stretching them wide but no leadership from Farrel or tactics . 

I think Carswell is playing  his best football since loosing captaincy and reliable , however I think our heads go down too easily when we loose a goal and no real leadership rallying the team .

Off the park ......Farrel won't be going anywhere soon , he survived last season and the board aren't interested one bit , I recon he will get until Christmas before they take note if its not too late . I think if we go out next Friday and loose and slip down the places though it could happen . 

I recon we have a decent team , so hopefully we can get someone in soon who brings the best out in them ...

Ruptured Achilles for The Beast, which is just about as bad as it gets. Absolutely gutted for the big man. He'd worked so hard to get this opportunity and was obviously in fantastic shape. He'll be devastated. 

That's what John Souttar had a few years back I'm sure, and it kept him out for near enough a year.

2 hours ago, NilNil said:

Well opinions are like arseholes…

I’m not saying we played well at all, but we did have decent small passages.  But that’s nowhere near good enough.  Today wasn’t a shambles.  Last week was a shambles.

Today we were slow, didn’t do enough in the final third, lost the ball too much in the middle of the park and played to AR’s defensive strengths, but a shambles, come on.

I'm confused, you literally just listed all the reasons we were a shambles...

What else do you want to go wrong in a game of football? Okay, we didn't lose 6 goals but you can't set that as the bar of being a shambles tactically .We did absolutely nothing today to deserve a goal never mind 3 points today.

56 minutes ago, microdave said:
3 hours ago, The Moonster said:
Out of curiosity, what is the worst points total for a quarter of games? 

0 points in 95/96. We lost our final 19 games so the tally would've been attained in q3 and again in q4.

That was one fucking hard slog following the team.

2 hours ago, microdave said:
2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:
That was one fucking hard slog following the team.

Wasn't it just. Sometimes when things are bad, my mind tells me that it'll never be as bad as that season.

It passed from hard slog to genuine curiosity of ‘just how bad can this get’ long before the end. I found the following season a harder slog tbh, having stupidly expected that we might win a few games. 

41 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Cumnock won 7-0 this weekend. Admittedly, it was against a team I’ve never heard of in a competition I’ve ever heard of.

It was Lower Annandale in one of the smaller local cups.  They did however beat Keith 2-1 away in the last round of the Scottish and the last time I looked they were sitting second in the West Premier Division.  Whilst I would hate it, on current form there should be no massive shock if Cumnock progress next Friday.

19 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It was Lower Annandale in one of the smaller local cups.  They did however beat Keith 2-1 away in the last round of the Scottish and the last time I looked they were sitting second in the West Premier Division.  Whilst I would hate it, on current form there should be no massive shock if Cumnock progress next Friday.

Oh absolutely. I quite fancy them to beat us.

Presumably they’re a similar level to Clydebank, and they put out Clyde and Elgin last year, so it’s not exactly unprecedented.

Edited by FifeSons