Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

Fair play to you Colpie for coming on here to try and put your point over.

In amongst all the noise when you joined I may have misunderstood what you were all about.  I thought you were joining us to try and put players in the shop window.

All the best

It’s completely understandable, there was a part of me that wanted to engage when comments were coming out, but with everything else I decided against it to try and do some work and hopefully be taken on face value after that work, rather than identifying areas and not being successful in those. Nothing worse that having hopes for something or someone and them not delivering.

If all had gone well I would have been delighted and open to show what we wanted to do and how fans could help, as it’s nobody’s club other than the fans. I would have been in an honourable position to try and deliver goals for the fans and eliminate the raging concerns that have gone on, even putting myself in the firing line if needed.

Good luck for the remainder of the season. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Uh huh, and the second you realised there was no money to be made from the club you resigned. I just don't buy this "I was here to help the club" line.

Andy Hosie's involvement with the club is border line criminal and if I was ever able to converse with him I'd be as cynical as I am now. Coming on here and facing his critics? I'd have respect for him if he'd done that 10 months ago, not now when he's looking to save face ahead of his next "investment opportunity". I'll leave it there though. 

I respect your opinion and understand your scepticism. 

Appreciate you replying to me. 

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Uh huh, and the second you realised there was no money to be made from the club you resigned. I just don't buy this "I was here to help the club" line.

Andy Hosie's involvement with the club is border line criminal and if I was ever able to converse with him I'd be as cynical as I am now. Coming on here and facing his critics? I'd have respect for him if he'd done that 10 months ago, not now when he's looking to save face ahead of his next "investment opportunity". I'll leave it there though. 

Aye, the correct decision IMO.  Colpie has had the sense to sniff the coffee and move on, end of.  

48 minutes ago, cremola foam said:

Look, I mean, if someone takes a serious interest in the club and offers to bring something in then we should welcome that, no matter how it turns out in the end in terms of hard investment.

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic but doing what you suggest is what’s left the club being owned by shysters and persons of questionable integrity over the last x number of years.  We should treat any interest in the club extremely carefully indeed.

51 minutes ago, cremola foam said:

Look, I mean, if someone takes a serious interest in the club and offers to bring something in then we should welcome that, no matter how it turns out in the end in terms of hard investment.

Can I have a seat on the board if I offer to bring in some money?

Firstly, a modicum of credit should be given to ‘colpie’ here for having the cojones to come on here in the aftermath of him leaving the club.  He will have known he’d have been received more poorly than a fart in a lift but he’s come on here and at least been visible.

That’s certainly more than he did when he was in place at the club, and more than some of the other ‘interested parties’ in place at the club have done.  We all know who these people are.

Only a select few will ever really know of Colin’s motivations or intentions on carrying them through but him coming out now, after leaving the club, to me smacks of trying to save face before another Scottish football ‘project’.

Whether he’s another joker or pretender or his ambition was misplaced, who will ever really know, but I’m certainly glad to be rid of someone whose intentions were at best unknown and at worst potentially damaging to the club.  There’s more where he came from but it’s a start.

Edited by CatAlan

Came across this on Twitter. It sounds daft, given I'm in there somewhere, but I didn't realise how healthy a support we took down to Cumnock on Friday. Given the atrocious weather, poor run and fact it was on free TV I think that's a terrific turnout.

Ff1ureEWYAIH13E?format=jpg&name=large

It’s essentially being played at a neutral venue, too, so not really a proper ‘away’ game. Definitely a chance for us.

They have also lost their last 9 league games in a row. Hopefully that weirdo Lennon is still in charge by then. Farrell really had his number last season, too.

Edited by FifeSons

55 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That's a big shift from Faz saying he should be back next week. Chance for Garrity to show what he can do.

The man himself says he's not had a scan yet and only got the club physio assessment 5 days after the injury. He says the diagnosis will be confirmed after a scan, but he's worried it's serious and in the meantime it's agony. Frankly, his various comments make the club's healthcare of its players look pretty poor.