Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

At the risk of sounding like a crabbit auld git, am I the only person who is finding the revised club website pisspoor compared to the previous version ?

We managed another clean sheet today and I was interested to see how many we've now managed in the league.  Call me thick but I can't see any fixture list on the new site - am I missing something?

The new website isn’t great but I think they are still adding to it.

Its been impossible to view the league table properly on the mobile site.

43 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

At the risk of sounding like a crabbit auld git, am I the only person who is finding the revised club website pisspoor compared to the previous version ?

We managed another clean sheet today and I was interested to see how many we've now managed in the league.  Call me thick but I can't see any fixture list on the new site - am I missing something?

Had a brief discussion about it today before the match and we all agreed that a new website was probably a good idea and may still be the right thing. That being said, it is very much a work in progress (I hope) and will need a fair bit of work to be anywhere near as functional as the old site. There are a few things which were very easy to locate on the old page which I simply cannot find on the new one.

ETA: A quick check suggests 9 clean sheets. I commented on our goal difference post match and the fact we are only 2 worse on than Stirling, despite the 12 goal swing in that match. When looking there it is fairly impressive that outside of that game we have only conceded 10 goals!

Edited by squeezebox-son

17 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I used the old site for news, fixtures and the league table and it had all of those things either in view on the homepage or one click away. I find the new site looks messy/too flashy, you need to navigate for news, the league table doesn't show anything other than the positions the clubs are in and the fixtures aren't there. Seems mad to launch a website that isn't complete to me, especially when we had a very good site previously.

What’s the thoughts for Jan then?

Will Wilson come back? Will Garrity stay longer?

I would quite like to see an out and out striker come in as I think we are light there. Potentially a left back as I think it’s one of our weakest positions. No offence to Mcniff but he isn’t the fastest.

1 hour ago, Sons Fan said:

I would quite like to see an out and out striker come in as I think we are light there. Potentially a left back as I think it’s one of our weakest positions. No offence to Mcniff but he isn’t the fastest.

I'd rather see another wide player brought in and let Wylde cover left back. I do think big McNiff has been largely excellent though, plays the defensive full back role well and with us sitting deep when the opposition have the ball his pace isn't overly exposed. Agree another option up front is required, Wallace and Byrne have been good for us but we don't have anyone else who can lead the line when they are missing. 

4 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

Assuming Calum Wilson has been playing midfield for Broomhill I think he would find it difficult to re-establish a place in the team. 

Garrity hasn't done enough for me and at times his distribution in defensive areas is scary.  IIRC John Gemmell is contracted only to around now so I would say this far but no further.

My priorities would be a striking presence and full-back cover.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Assuming Calum Wilson has been playing midfield for Broomhill I think he would find it difficult to re-establish a place in the team. 

Garrity hasn't done enough for me and at times his distribution in defensive areas is scary.  IIRC John Gemmell is contracted only to around now so I would say this far but no further.

My priorities would be a striking presence and full-back cover.

He signed until the end of the season, absolutely no idea how long the rehab timescale is for an injury like his

OS Link

39 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

He signed until the end of the season, absolutely no idea how long the rehab timescale is for an injury like his

OS Link

Thanks for that, but I would hope that something could be mutually agreed to free up a squad place.

And as someone who can manoeuvre the new website you have just made yourself invaluable Clarko !

58 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Thanks for that, but I would hope that something could be mutually agreed to free up a squad place.

And as someone who can manoeuvre the new website you have just made yourself invaluable Clarko !

Well I know a few tricks about the new website and some tech skills which make it really easy for me to navigate my way round it...

Actually, it took me ages and I didn't realise there isn't a squad list on there unless you search for a player then one appears. 

On 27/12/2022 at 13:13, Sons Fan said:

A new striker is absolutely required IMO. Wallace has been good but he isn’t fittest and likes to play a bit deeper and Byrne’s injury record isn’t the best. 

If I’m being honest I think Garrity has looked pretty hopeless in his limited appearances. I’d be getting shot of him ASAP. As for Wilson, I’ve got nae idea if he has been performing well for the daft podcast team or not. I’d probably rather we left him out on loan and looked elsewhere for a backup winger.

I think McNiff has been excellent for us this season and can only remember a limited number of occassions where his pace has been exposed. Our defence as a whole has performed very well so far and McNiff has played a big part in that, I don’t view him as a weakness at all. 

3 hours ago, cremola foam said:

Anyone know what our crowd was v East Fife?

Website used to have this info.

Missing Sonstastic's crowd shots. Used like spotting my handsome self.

According to the SPFL it was 663. 

I'm not saying that's accurate, it's just what is reported 

14 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

According to the SPFL it was 663. 

I'm not saying that's accurate, it's just what is reported 

When I was down at the game I said to my mates the crowd looked a good bit smaller than I expected. I suppose a Christmas eve early kick off is always going to be a tough sell despite the occassion.