Sons' sorrow

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Who really gives a shit if he comes in and does a job for us. These guys are part-time lower league footballers and they would be daft to turn down more money elsewhere, I’d do the exact same thing. He wouldn’t be the first and he wouldn’t be the last to leave us for more money elsewhere and I don’t think any fans grudge a player making more elsewhere if they have earned it with good performances. For someone with attitude issues he looks to have a decent scoring record at a higher level than we operate at so again no one will really give a shit about that if he can bag a few goals.

Okay....So he bangs in 15 goals for you from now until the end of the season,you win promotion and big rusty played out his skin.EK offer him more money and he signs for them you wouldn't be miffed off?

He is pish anyway lanky streak of that as well him and fat man Wallace are a match made in heaven.

1 minute ago, mo83 said:

Okay....So he bangs in 15 goals for you from now until the end of the season,you win promotion and big rusty played out his skin.EK offer him more money and he signs for them you wouldn't be miffed off?

He is pish anyway lanky streak of that as well him and fat man Wallace are a match made in heaven.

Quite honestly if he scores the goals that win us the league title he can come round to my house and pinch my TV and wallet if he wants.

Christian Nade almost single-handedly saved us from relegation from the Championship in 2016, then turned down a new deal with us to drop to a Stranraer side splashing the cash and I don't think many Sons fans were angry at him. It's a short career.

13 minutes ago, mo83 said:

I'm willing to bet that not one Dumbarton fan was miffed when Jim Lister scored 15 goals to keep us in the Championship and then left for more money at Airdrie. We still love him ten years later. 

12 minutes ago, mo83 said:

I quite honestly could not give a f**k, and if I was a part-time footballer trying to make ends meet I’d do exactly same. Anyone who says otherwise is either a wee guy or they live at their mums hoose rent free.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I quite honestly could not give a f**k, and if I was a part-time footballer trying to make ends meet I’d do exactly same. Anyone who says otherwise is either a wee guy or they live at their mums hoose rent free.

Each to their own! 

Not the type if player I would want in my team,will be keeping a close eye how this pan's out.

1 minute ago, mo83 said:

Each to their own! 

Not the type if player I would want in my team,will be keeping a close eye how this pan's out.

Given the wages that Montrose tend to splash you might be quite surprised to find that you already have plenty of those types of players at your club. I suppose Michael Gardyne and Rory McAllister could have a deep rooted emotional attachment to the club that none of us know about.

16 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Each to their own! 

That's not true, we all remember the tears and snotters from the Mo fans when Cammy Ballantyne snubbed them for more money at the mighty Sons in the Championship but you happily welcomed him back. 

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Each to their own! 

Strange, why bother? U don't care much for him clearly so why keep tabs on him. I don't care much for a lot of players and therefore couldn't give 2 fucks where they are currently picking up their wage from or indeed how they are getting on. I hope he does score 15 goals for us, helps us get promotion and does leave us for a club paying more money which is probably around 99% of clubs in Scotland.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Each to their own! 

Aye because everybody who plays for Montrose only does so because they're huge Mo fans...

Away ye go, dafty.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Each to their own! 

You could start a wee club with East Fife fans who are desperate for Ryan Wallace to fail. I find it a bit sad waiting for a former player to fail at another club but each to their own.

Geez. Nobody at Dumbarton is hailing McLean as the Scottish Alan Shearer, or that he should have been signed on a longer contract. They needed another striker to see out this season, they got one.  Job done, much ado about nothing.

Wish we'd got one, a bit short on options in case of injury.

I was wondering if var might be used on Saturday since we're playing at a ground with it already set up. But, after checking the referee appointments, it seems to be only the live TV games at premiership grounds so (thankfully) it seems we're going to be spared. Nick Walsh is ref btw.

Edited by microdave

1 minute ago, microdave said:

I was wondering if var might be used on Saturday since we're playing at a ground with it already set up. But, after checking the referee appointments, it seems to be only the live TV games at premiership grounds so (thankfully) it seems we're going to be spared. Nick Walsh is ref btw.

My 4th year PE teacher. Sure he won't let a pupil he described as "a role model to the class" down 🤝

2 hours ago, microdave said:

Seems a bit off that a different refereeing system is being used for some matches but not others in the same cup competition. Should be all or nothing - and in this case it shouldn't be featured in any of the ties. 

38 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Seems a bit off that a different refereeing system is being used for some matches but not others in the same cup competition. Should be all or nothing - and in this case it shouldn't be featured in any of the ties. 

Totally agree, and I'm sure they have the same discrepancy in the FA Cup.