Sons' sorrow

18 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

I wonder how long it is until Faz uses the line “we were knocked out of the playoffs by the eventual winners” as if we didn’t capitulate in a horrifying fashion for the second time this season.

Were we knocked out in "record breaking" fashion though? 

The fucking audacity of these clowns. Batshit.

image.png.36113559fae9f1682fbf56f94d7bd740.png

And that was just the short-term target.

image.png.ee63c94a266ee1743ae18a6145e14626.png

I guarantee every single Sons poster on this forum has put more money into the club than Cognitive Capital.

Edited by FifeSons

MacKay and Farrell are absolutely batshit mental, too, and incompetent to boot. The ownership situation is undoubtedly the most harmful, but these 🤡 have only helped speed up the demise, and they 100% deserve to be publicly called out for it. Especially when they come out with statements that sound like an Arkham Asylum inmate.

47 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Would like to see us go in for Bevan and maybe Sonkur, now that Albion Rovers have gone.

A bit harsh. The body isn't even cold yet.....

I think Bevan would cost money so that would rule him out I'd imagine..

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Would like to see us go in for Bevan and maybe Sonkur, now that Albion Rovers have gone.

I think after today these guys will have had enough of demotion to the Lowland League to risk it again anytime soon.  Today is a salutary reminder of how clubs can just slide away, and it's also frightening that Rovers points and goals  record was very far removed from being bad by historic standards.

Dumbarton fans should take very careful note. 

Don't really like the look of the league next year.

Dumbarton
Clyde
Forfar
East Fife
Bonnyrigg Rose
Spartans
Elgin City
Stranraer 
Peterhead 
Stenhousemuir

No stand out teams. I don't see Clyde really doing much until they move to their new ground. Forfar and East Fife will probably feel that they can do well. Peterhead will want to try and do what we couldn't, and go back up at the first time of asking. No idea what to expect from Spartans - will they try to consolidate or will they look for back to back promotions? I'll tick Spartans off my list for an away day at some point, but I still absolutely hate Bonnyrigg.

With no clear favourite from that list, its a very dangerous division to be in. Could easily be involved in a fight to avoid relegation as much as a battle for promotion. There doesnt look to be an awful lot between the sides. Summer transfer business and a very positive start to the season will be critical. If we have a hangover from the end of the 22/23 season then we could find ourselves in trouble very quickly.

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think after today these guys will have had enough of demotion to the Lowland League to risk it again anytime soon.  Today is a salutary reminder of how clubs can just slide away, and it's also frightening that Rovers points and goals  record was very far removed from being bad by historic standards.

As with Brechin, Cowdenbeath and East Stirling before them, it may be a while before we see them back in league football. The LL has some ambitious and rich clubs who will be fighting to get up. I wouldn’t want to be the side finishing 10th that’s for sure! 

21 hours ago, PWL said:

A bit harsh. The body isn't even cold yet.....

I think Bevan would cost money so that would rule him out I'd imagine..

True, but football’s a harsh game. Someone has to be there to take advantage. If we don’t, someone else will. DFC is never ruthless enough.

Says on transfermarkt his contract is up end of May, but that could be wrong, given he only joined in Jan and they paid a fee. Unless you mean any club would have to pay compensation anyway, because he’s young. Can’t remember how that rule works.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-bevan/profil/spieler/1063676#:~:text=Name in home country%3A Joseph,Contract expires%3A May 31%2C 2023

Edited by FifeSons

20 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

You mean you don’t think Stevie Farrell is nailed on to go ‘one step further’ next season?! I’d have thought any potential signings would be desperate to jump on the title express.

I've been wondering if Andy Hosie has been subject to a fit and proper person test by the sfa. He's obviously not a cognitive director but surely a major shareholder of the company which is a major shareholder of the club would have to pass this test. It's no secret that he's involved given the statement on the os when cognitive capital took control lauded his involvement.

10 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

True, but football’s a harsh game. Someone has to be there to take advantage. If we don’t, someone else will. DFC is never ruthless enough.

Says on transfermarkt his contract is up end of May, but that could be wrong, given he only joined in Jan and they paid a fee. Unless you mean any club would have to pay compensation anyway, because he’s young. Can’t remember how that rule works.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-bevan/profil/spieler/1063676#:~:text=Name in home country%3A Joseph,Contract expires%3A May 31%2C 2023

Pretty sure Bevan has another year to run on his deal at Rovers. OKI is correct though, Bevans trajectory in football right now is far from similar to ours. 

As for Sonkur, as much as he seems to take the plaudits he's now been part of two fairly poor teams at this level and it could be argued if Rovers defence was even slightly more efficient they'd have stayed up at a canter. I personally haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement. 

Just now, microdave said:

I've been wondering if Andy Hosie has been subject to a fit and proper person test by the sfa. He's obviously not a cognitive director but surely a major shareholder of the company which is a major shareholder of the club would have to pass this test. It's no secret that he's involved given the statement on the os when cognitive capital took control lauded his involvement.

Is this test even a thing? Always loads of shouting from fans about how such and such can pass a fit and proper persons test but I don't think it exists.