Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Wonder if Alan Lithgow and Bob McHugh (on the East Kilbride release list) still have anything to offer.

Kyle Connell is the one on that list that caught my eye. I liked the look of him at Airdrie and East Fife, and had hoped we'd sign him a couple of years back.

39 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Kyle Connell is the one on that list that caught my eye. I liked the look of him at Airdrie and East Fife, and had hoped we'd sign him a couple of years back.

Please pass on to our chief scout!

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

A serious question.  How attractive is DFC right now to players with us having money and pitch issues and a manager who plays anti-football ?

3 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

A serious question.  How attractive is DFC right now to players with us having money and pitch issues and a manager who plays anti-football ?

I guess we'll find out the answer to that question over the next few weeks.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'm sure Kyle signed for EK as he had played for Killie and the kirkcaldy mob so couldn't sign for another SPFL club.

I liked him at EF, would certainly do a job for L1/L2 side.

For those who live near the ground - is any pitch maintenance appearing to take place now the season is over? Or are we just going to fork it and hope a couple of bags of Aftercut will do the trick?  

1 hour ago, PWL said:

For those who live near the ground - is any pitch maintenance appearing to take place now the season is over? Or are we just going to fork it and hope a couple of bags of Aftercut will do the trick?  

Importing sand from Dubai, the UK stuff just isn't cutting it. 

43 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Nothing from the club yet re the shameful Conference League?

They could restore a little credit by coming out and unequivocally condemning the proposal. 

The Trust submitted a letter some weeks back, it was quickly acknowledged by the club but since then there has been no further response.

I listened last night to a very uneasy Ian Maxwell trying to convince us that the decision to alter the kick-off time of Scottish Cup Final was solely the call of the SFA, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is a tsunami of opposition to their disgraceful Conference proposal, only for it to be completely ignored.  No matter, DFC should be part of that opposition.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The Trust submitted a letter some weeks back, it was quickly acknowledged by the club but since then there has been no further response.

I listened last night to a very uneasy Ian Maxwell trying to convince us that the decision to alter the kick-off time of Scottish Cup Final was solely the call of the SFA, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is a tsunami of opposition to their disgraceful Conference proposal, only for it to be completely ignored.  No matter, DFC should be part of that opposition.

The conference league proposition is mental. I genuinely can’t see the benefit to anyone (barring the big ugly sisters) and can’t believe any spfl club from championship down would vote in favour of this! No amount of money would make that and attractive proposition and I’d be hoping DFC would be laying their cards on the table and publicly voicing their opposition.

14 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Wonder if Alan Lithgow and Bob McHugh (on the East Kilbride release list) still have anything to offer.

Alan Lithgow is away to St Cadocs (another WOS team with a few quid to throw about) if we are hunting around a release list from EK we are in a whole heap of trouble! 

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

The conference league proposition is mental. I genuinely can’t see the benefit to anyone (barring the big ugly sisters) and can’t believe any spfl club from championship down would vote in favour of this! No amount of money would make that and attractive proposition and I’d be hoping DFC would be laying their cards on the table and publicly voicing their opposition.

I said in another thread, it seems to me that club owners have learned from 2012 that you don’t make any announcements during season ticket renewal period, absolute blanket silence from all but a few clubs until the money is in their hands before you hear anything from anyone.

6 hours ago, GoTeamGaz said:

I said in another thread, it seems to me that club owners have learned from 2012 that you don’t make any announcements during season ticket renewal period, absolute blanket silence from all but a few clubs until the money is in their hands before you hear anything from anyone.

In that case then people know exactly what to do.  And in Dumbarton's case there probably hasn't been a massive rush to buy season tickets anyway.

34 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

In that case then people know exactly what to do.  And in Dumbarton's case there probably hasn't been a massive rush to buy season tickets anyway.

Yes, I'm perfectly content to wait until I get confirmation the club have done the right thing in shooting this shit down before pulling the trigger on a ST purchase.

And what a remarkable little weasel Ian Maxwell has turned out to be. A snivelling, sycophantic lackey, slithering around to the tune of the two worst institutions in world football. He should be frogmarched out of Hampden.

We were on the brink of a groundshare with Broomhill a few years ago. The Covid season I think?

Whilst sharing with them is slightly more palatable than Rangers B. It does beg the question, what on earth is the point of Broomhill FC?