Sons' sorrow

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Appreciate the circumstances of him being needed were unusual but a professional footballer taking himself off on holiday during the football season is surprising and odd. Part time or not. Different if it's a business trip with his day job but I know plenty of managers who wouldn't tolerate a professional player making himself unavailable during the season for a holiday.

We were rife for it under Duffy. One went on a charity trip to Africa, one on a trip to New York, another to a Sunderland game. Someone had a multi-week honeymoon. No wonder players say he is a good man manager.

49 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Hang on, I think I get it. You mean last Saturday we could have won by a few goals, right...? Otherwise I'm very confused. Which isn't unusual for me, TBF.

Exactly, as suspected 😂 I'm just still raging. Someone mentioned "justice" on a post I seen. But for me, it isn't really because the way things were going we'd have had a huge result to kick-start our season. But still, great that we did appeal because I think there was very little chance it would've been thrown out.

Out of interest, what happens to the ref in a situation like this? He had such a poor game and the red card was only a tiny part of it, although very big influence on the game. I assume a slap on the wrists and nothing more, but I'm not totally sure. 

I'm fairly sure our accounts have had that going concern thing noted for at least 2 or 3 years now. 

Anyway, if anyone needs a plain breakdown - Andy Hosie is a w****r, More Homes DFC are wankers, the club is owed £1.8m for land we have sold but we'll likely never get it and we could die at any moment in the next 12 months. 

Looking forward to pretending none of this is a problem and going down to cheer on the boys this weekend!

The accounts make a few things clear. Not in a good way, but they do clarify things.

The reality is that we're living hand to mouth. There are things that would help ease some of those problems. Refinancing some of the club's financial obligations is mentioned. That would possibly help with cash flow. But there's no point ignoring the evidence we see every home game. Crowds are not healthy. Income from sponsorship and hospitality isn't healthy. A few unexpected costs, or a few postponed games and therefore periods of interrupted income, could be the difference between keeping our heads above water and sinking into some murky depths.

There's no help coming from our owners. They simply don't have a pot to piss in and are in no position to offer us any financial assistance. The immediate challenge of keeping us going falls on the local board. As much as there are causes to criticise them, they're working in very difficult circumstances and don't have their problems to seek. Long term? The club's long term future can only be secured with a change of ownership.

Challenging times ahead.

32 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm fairly sure our accounts have had that going concern thing noted for at least 2 or 3 years now. 

Anyway, if anyone needs a plain breakdown - Andy Hosie is a w****r, More Homes DFC are wankers, the club is owed £1.8m for land we have sold but we'll likely never get it and we could die at any moment in the next 12 months. 

Looking forward to pretending none of this is a problem and going down to cheer on the boys this weekend!

Hosie has a brass neck turning up to certain games and swaning around without a care in the world. The crook should be hounded out the f**king door.

My thoughts on the accounts are the same as last year:

1. I hope Cognitive Capital never draw down any monies against that development loan. If they do then I pray they repay it.

2. I'm curious about who it is that is committing to underwrite any cash shortfall at the club, season-by-season.