Sons' sorrow

Dunno where but only heard in last hour, I seen prunts waving plenty at our support at full time last night, and said it then but others thought he was waving to his boy, gonna miss him,

Best servant to the club since Craig brittain

He usually stays last to clap/wave to the fans, where did you hear he was going? Hope shugs away.

He usually stays last to clap/wave to the fans, where did you hear he was going? Hope shugs away.

that was more than a wave to the fans trust me, I like shug with turner,made us hard to beat, like Murray wants, but he's as well away if he's not gonna play him.

I cannot reveal my source, sorry.

I hope Chris kane is coming back

were we not trying to bring him in during the summer, along with Kenny mckay?

Not too sure to be honest, remember hearing the boy McKay mentioned along with Scott Ferguson.

It seems he's left sided full back but not sure if he can cover other positions. Clyde fans are probably best placed to give reviews on him as I don't think he's made an appearance for Hamilton.

that was more than a wave to the fans trust me, I like shug with turner,made us hard to beat, like Murray wants, but he's as well away if he's not gonna play him.

I cannot reveal my source, sorry.

I hope Chris kane is coming back

Fair enough, I was halfway out the stand by then so I didn't notice, would love Kane back.

Clyde fan saying McDonald is good going forward but not great defensively. Left back. Sounds like cover/competition for Linton, would probably have preferred it if he was good at defending and shite at attacking but I'll judge him on his performances.

But if we're going to recreate last season we want him to be good at going forward. Defence is secondary.

But if we're going to recreate last season we want him to be good at going forward. Defence is secondary.

Well, aye, but the evidence so far would indicate that we're not trying to recreate last season. We're trying to be harder to beat. I'll be delighted if we revert back to last season's style.

EDIT - MacDonald confirmed on the OS - http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1495

Edited by The Moonster

I'd be very disappointed if Prunty left. He has a far better scoring record than Colin Nish does. His work rate is high, he can take punishment from defenders and he's a better penalty box player than Nish.

Strange getting rid of your best goalscoring option and keeping a guy who time and again has shown that he isnt going to get us goals.

MacDonald is not a poor defender at all, though much of that is down to his recovery pace. He's not going to dive in and win tackles but you shouldn't see players going past him. Any problems defensively comes from him overplaying in defensive areas.

He's good going forward and takes an excellent set piece.

I'd be very disappointed if Prunty left. He has a far better scoring record than Colin Nish does. His work rate is high, he can take punishment from defenders and he's a better penalty box player than Nish.

Strange getting rid of your best goalscoring option and keeping a guy who time and again has shown that he isnt going to get us goals.

To be fair, IF the choice is between Prunty going on loan and Kane coming in or keeping what we've got now, I'm sorry but Bryan is gone. We all love him and I agree with you that he's probably the best finisher in the squad but I think another year at this level was always going to be difficult for him to hold down a place.

MacDonald is not a poor defender at all, though much of that is down to his recovery pace. He's not going to dive in and win tackles but you shouldn't see players going past him. Any problems defensively comes from him overplaying in defensive areas.

He's good going forward and takes an excellent set piece.

Cheers, I perhaps shouldn't have taken the first guys post as gospel! Sounds like he'll push Linton for a place.

Says on the website that he will give us options on the left. He may be looking to play him left mid or play him LB and push Scott Linton up to LM (pretty sure Cowden fans said he was decent there also). Only problem imo would be his crossing. It isn't always bad but a pretty low percentage are 'good'. His throws are always brilliant though!

With the Prunty situation, I don't think he waved any more so than he always does at the end of a match last night. Unusual if true as I think he is a great person to have on the bench. I did say that Kane would need more time out on loan and hoped we might get him again. Got to assume that Tommy Wright has had a look and thinks he isn't quite ready - which I 100% agree with. Shug going wouldn't surprise me too much. It's just weird that he signed up as he should have known how it would be from the end of last season.

Edited by squeezebox-son

I love Prunty, he's Mr Dumbarton, a cracking fella, goalscorer and model captain. However, Ian Murray hasn't used him as a main starter at centre forward as much as previous managers and I'd rather see him off scoring goals somewhere being the main man than sitting on our bench or getting showhorned into our midfield. So, I could live with him going, though I'd rather see him stay and play up front for us.

Linton had a poor game last night as he let cross after cross come.over from.the hibs right. We need a hard tackler in that position Great to see gary Fleming playing on what.was his best ever game for the sons. We are losing.too many goals.and need to strengthen the defence.

Kane for prunty any day in my opinion

I think sentiment has to be put to one side regarding Prunty. Great guy and has shown a real passion playing for us but is he good enough for this level now? Personally I don't think so.

He's been a great servant over the years and scored some important goals for us but I feel he often looks a bit out of his depth these days.

Obviously would be sad to see him go but if it means getting someone like Kane in then it's a no brainer.