Sons' sorrow

People pay their money and can say as they wish constructively, as long as they don't spend the whole game doing one player.

Look at years gone by, people loved Andy Brown yet didn't like Flannery and we know who brought more to the team!!

Btw I think Gilihaney is one dimensional and doesn't bring a lot to the team but while he is on the park I support him as part of the sons team!!

Can't fault gilhaneys work rate, without him in there van zanten would be in trouble. Would like to see him take players on more though.

Buy one next season and support your team or go and watch East Fife. It was obvious that 6 games this season would be all ticket.

Poor post directed at a fellow Sons fan.

I haven't been able to make a home game in years given that I live North of Aberdeen and my son plays football on a Saturday. Doesn't stop me being a diehard Dumbarton fan. Sons have been my team for over 40 years and always will be.

I have been to the odd Aberdeen or Peterhead game but neither team holds a place in my heart.

Please don't flippantly suggest that someone change their allegiance just because they now live away from the area. Supporting the Sons is more than that.

Rant over.

Let's have a real go at this mob today!

I would like to apologize to the folk who sit around me for my behaviour today. My reaction to a supporter at the game was embarrassing to myself and others around me.

I have never in my life been so angry at the time but do feel ashamed of myself for my verbal reaction .

What did you do? Was the 'supporter' a Rangers fan? If so it's sound mate, we forgive you.

I would like to apologize to the folk who sit around me for my behaviour today. My reaction to a supporter at the game was embarrassing to myself and others around me.

I have never in my life been so angry at the time but do feel ashamed of myself for my verbal reaction .

What did you do? Was the 'supporter' a Rangers fan? If so it's sound mate, we forgive you.

Aye as BBPF says if it was directed at a Rangers fan then they almost certainly deserved it. If not then good on you for realising and apologising on here. Tensions were running high and a lot of that was due to the poor stewarding/organisation allowing their fans in our end.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I asked the gentleman to perhaps go and sit with his friends at the appropriate end of the ground. And I didn't care that he was hospitality and called him a few parts of anatomy.

I honestly do feel ashamed and don't wish to laugh about it.

If he was in hospitality beside you that's pretty bang out lol

If it was in our end then f**k him, he shouldn't have been there.

Son of a Bankie you did nothing wrong. We celebrated when our keeper saved a very soft penalty and I think the Sevco scum took exception to it. When they scored there was no need for him to thrust his fist in your direcction. - he should have celebrated the goal end of story. Those of us who sit beside you know that is not in your nature to react like that. If I was sitting in your seat I would have reacted in a similar manner. The guy sitting next me said the same. I think the club needs to review the seating arrangements for those in hospitality so that an incident like this does not happen again.

Those of us who now your medical background were concerned for your health and calmed you down.

To reiterate you did nothing wrong.

Thanks Curler. But I do feel ashamed of my reaction. I am a grown gentleman and I could have reacted in a more appropriate manner by contacting a steward.

The flag that was allowed to be hung behind the goal and placing people who have paid good money to buy hospitality should perhaps do some reflection.

Buy one next season and support your team or go and watch East Fife. It was obvious that 6 games this season would be all ticket.

Why would I go and watch East Fife? I was born and brought up in Dumbarton and have supported the Sons for over fifty years. I lived four hundred yards from Stark's Park for around 25 of those and only ever crossed its doors when the Sons had an away game there.

Edited by rockson

Yes but the trail of the thread was related to complaints about getting to the ground to exchange a season ticket voucher for a match ticket for Rangers cup game. So not sure of your point here?

I was attempting to clarify the point about being able to phone up the club to get tickets and explaining why for non-season ticket holders (there must be some Sons fans who can't make it to every home game) this might not be so easy for the club to arrange in this case.

Thanks Curler. But I do feel ashamed of my reaction. I am a grown gentleman and I could have reacted in a more appropriate manner by contacting a steward.

The flag that was allowed to be hung behind the goal and placing people who have paid good money to buy hospitality should perhaps do some reflection.

With the Stewards shrugging their shoulders at the fact that there were about 50 The Ranges fans in our end, I doubt you'd have whetted their appetite with an arsehole of athe highest order waving his fist in your face.

Like Curler, I was concerned that you would have a medical moment. I noticed that in the second half, the c**t moved about three seats away from where you normally sit. I think he was "telt" at half-time by those around him.

I've seen some wind up merchants sit in hospitality, but mostly they're full of the pre-match wine and beer and just want banter. Which they give and get, and it's usually in good taste.

That one was just a triumphalist b*****d. Nothing to apologise for. Maybe just say sorry to the boys that were with you as it was obviously out of character.for you. Christ, even Fraser swore today!

With the Stewards shrugging their shoulders at the fact that there were about 50 The Ranges fans in our end, I doubt you'd have whetted their appetite with an arsehole of athe highest order waving his fist in your face.

Like Curler, I was concerned that you would have a medical moment. I noticed that in the second half, the c**t moved about three seats away from where you normally sit. I think he was "telt" at half-time by those around him.

I've seen some wind up merchants sit in hospitality, but mostly they're full of the pre-match wine and beer and just want banter. Which they give and get, and it's usually in good taste.

That one was just a triumphalist b*****d. Nothing to apologise for. Maybe just say sorry to the boys that were with you as it was obviously out of character.for you. Christ, even Fraser swore today!

:o

aye, and he swore at me in the car during the week too. This is becoming a habit. Time he was getting telt.

Edited by Boghead ranter

Heat of the moment etc, wouldn't worry about it.

Had you kicked him square in the beak then that woulda been worse but you probably should have by the sounds of things.

:o

aye, and he swore at me in the car during the week too. This is becoming a habit. Time he was getting telt.

I've only heard him swear twice. He said the exact same thing both times, ironically. "Cheating b*****ds" were his words.

Once was today, the other was a midweek game against Gretna where they won 0-2. They really were cheats that night.

Give him his due, his passion for the game is immense. God help the refs though, who get it every week!!

I do like Fraser's comments and when he swore it underlined the afternoon. The two boys with me are both my son's. The youngest one who quietly told me,Ryan and the other chap to sit down has been doing jujitsu for many years. I have apologized to them also, it is the first time they have seen me blow a gasket. They are calling me Apollo Dundee.

Edited by son of a bankie