Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, cameron2000 said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-championship-2016-17-hibernian-8558615#YCc4ELhLyd6DwiFx.97

I don't mind if we get the signings in before the weekend because we are just making up the numbers before our league 1 campaign next year. Not even a should, apparently we will go down. And while Paul Cairney will be an outstanding signing for Ayr as long as he's fit. Ryan Stevenson could show glimpses of ability but fitness will be an issue.

27 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

I wouldn't take too much offence from that article. They don't understand that dismal early season cup exits are par for the course down at the Rock.

Hopefully the lads can prove the pundits wrong once the real stuff starts and the squad settles down.

19 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

That Record article should be pinned to the dressing room wall, but it's great to know that with the experts expectations set so low we can relax and try our utmost to confound them - again.

The Record's tagline should be "written by morons for morons".  Nobody should get worried about anything they 'write'.

2 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-championship-2016-17-hibernian-8558615#YCc4ELhLyd6DwiFx.97

I don't mind if we get the signings in before the weekend because we are just making up the numbers before our league 1 campaign next year. Not even a should, apparently we will go down. And while Paul Cairney will be an outstanding signing for Ayr as long as he's fit. Ryan Stevenson could show glimpses of ability but fitness will be an issue.

Haha :lol: as everyone else has said, pay no attention to that drivel. The main problem they have is that the people who write these things know just about feck all about any league outside of the Premiership. 

That's why it is always nice and refreshing to read stuff from the guys at THHP and the likes.

They've literally looked at us getting pumped silly in the League Cup and taken that as us going down.  They might be right, but it's lazy journalism and angry reactions is all their looking for.  I wouldn't give the article the clicks that it's craving.

A good piece about Alan Martin on the #Sons24.

Most of it the usual stuff but the tone from it is that he seems genuinely pleased to be here. And good that he doesn't want to be a No.2.

I'd expect him to be No.1 for the season and hopefully he lives up to expectations.

In surprised he knows Jazz and Barclay but not Mark Brown, but there you go.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

How long is Brown out for?  3 reasonably decent keeper in your squad from what I can gather, Martin will be on an ok wage too.

Liked him at Ayr, was a great keeper and moved down south to Crewe after leaving us.

Brown isn't injured. Ewings is out injured just now though, he had hoped to be back next week but I'm assuming that's changed given that we've got Martin in.  Ideally Ewings gets fit and we punt Brown but we'll see.

How long is Brown out for?  3 reasonably decent keeper in your squad from what I can gather, Martin will be on an ok wage too.

Liked him at Ayr, was a great keeper and moved down south to Crewe after leaving us.

Brown isn't out at all - he's just not been hugely convincing. Jaz would be our choice, but has ciatica so realistically nobody knows when he'll be back. It could be some time however.

Martin will be our No.1, of that I have no doubts at all. Brown will be 2nd choice until Jaz is fit and then i wouldn't be surprised to see him move on.

Brown isn't injured, it just seems that Aitken doesn't want him as his first choice with Jamie Ewings out for the foreseeable. Unless I've missed it, brown is still available for selection, but it would suggest that Martin will be Aitken's first choice.

Just now, DumbartonTheSons said:

Yeah. While nothing bad as such in Brown's comments, he's more hopeful in his tone, whereas Martin seems more demanding of the gloves for the No. 1 spot, which is exactly what you want.

Aye, Brown's line about "having to play" when he was selected (in the context of the question) is a bizarre thing for a keeper to say. Martin's enthusiasm seeps through his interview, which is encouraging.

Sorry, I knew one of them was injured, thought it was Brown.  Yeah it once all 3 are fit it would be slightly silly to keep 3 senior keepers on.  Martin will be the no.1 i'd expect, not seen your other keeper, but I wouldn't imagine, like you say, Martin to drop a division to sit on the bench again.