General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

Just bought a Standard on my way home from work. Good piece stu. You should write a biography or a ghost write an autobiography about him, plenty of folk round here might buy it. Sportscars, formula one, lower formula, being Scottish, it might be a seller.

If he is wanting to do some stuff "for fun", am sure he could do a round of the Scottish Mini Championship in a Crossflags Mini.

Just bought a Standard on my way home from work. Good piece stu. You should write a biography or a ghost write an autobiography about him, plenty of folk round here might buy it. Sportscars, formula one, lower formula, being Scottish, it might be a seller.

If he is wanting to do some stuff "for fun", am sure he could do a round of the Scottish Mini Championship in a Crossflags Mini.

Cheers. Part two should be in on Tuesday/Wednesday's paper. Had to spend today changing all the last/this/next year references seeing as it'll be in the Jan 1 edition!

I'd be dreadful at writing a book, will leave that to someone who knows what they're doing!

Cheers. Part two should be in on Tuesday/Wednesday's paper. Had to spend today changing all the last/this/next year references seeing as it'll be in the Jan 1 edition!

I'd be dreadful at writing a book, will leave that to someone who knows what they're doing!

I got a Knockhill day for my birthday the other day if you can tell him to meet me there.....thanks.

Nice article Stu. It's good to see him getting out whil still in one piece and at the top of his game.

In other matters, it seems as though multiple TT winners Michael Dunlop and Ian Hutchison (not to mention top rookie Josh Brookes) could be absent this year. Dunlop can't seem to land a ride (I know he's renowned as being difficult to work with, but he'd be as close as a team could get to a guaranteed TT win). Meanwhile Milwaukee are apparently withdrawing their support for the TT, which would affect Hutchison and Brookes. Could be Guy Martin's year.

Nice article Stu. It's good to see him getting out whil still in one piece and at the top of his game.

In other matters, it seems as though multiple TT winners Michael Dunlop and Ian Hutchison (not to mention top rookie Josh Brookes) could be absent this year. Dunlop can't seem to land a ride (I know he's renowned as being difficult to work with, but he'd be as close as a team could get to a guaranteed TT win). Meanwhile Milwaukee are apparently withdrawing their support for the TT, which would affect Hutchison and Brookes. Could be Guy Martin's year.

Number of different Michael Dunlop rumors currently circulating at the moment, many have him racing with a BMW, also gutted for Hutchy and Brookes who are the casualties of new regulations being brought in (tried to read more into the situation and I lost track of what's what....more politics than F1!!!)

Part of me would love to see Guy win one, I think most would, but he's always said that after he's won one then he's off.....and I believe him when he says that. However the Honda is the bike to be on over on the Mountain Circuit and has been for a while, I can see a clean sweep from the Honda Europe team (former TT Legends) with John McGuinness getting a few.

Hopefully I'll be making my annual trip over.

Number of different Michael Dunlop rumors currently circulating at the moment, many have him racing with a BMW, also gutted for Hutchy and Brookes who are the casualties of new regulations being brought in (tried to read more into the situation and I lost track of what's what....more politics than F1!!!)

Part of me would love to see Guy win one, I think most would, but he's always said that after he's won one then he's off.....and I believe him when he says that. However the Honda is the bike to be on over on the Mountain Circuit and has been for a while, I can see a clean sweep from the Honda Europe team (former TT Legends) with John McGuinness getting a few.

Hopefully I'll be making my annual trip over.

I've still not made it to the TT. I sponsor a bloody sidecar team there and I've never seen them race!

Brian Hart has passed away after a long illness. Those of a certain age will remember this brilliant engineer who built some fantastic engines on shoestring budgets (including the one in the back of Senna's Toleman at Monaco in 1984). He was also quite a handy driver in his early years, racing works Lotus F2s and even qualifying for a GP.

• 2 weeks later...

Was listening to the Midweek Motorsport podcast at lunch from last night's show - says he has no plans to do an autobiography. Also has a debate about the best way to load a dishwasher.

• 2 weeks later...

Massive crash at the Daytona 24, the 99 Daytona Prototype slammed into the rear of a slowing Ferrari GT. Never seen damage like that to the front of a DP car and the safety crew are having to cut the driver of the 99 out of the car, driver of the Ferrrari.

Edit 1 - Both drivers being taken to hospital, no update on condition of the 2 drivers

Edit 2 - I'll put the youtube link in a spoiler.

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

Both drivers where taken to the hospital and although no specific update on injuries, there is good news in the fact that both are awake and speaking with doctors/medical staff

Marshall Pruett @marshallpruett 10m

UPDATE: Gidley and Malucelli awake and communicating. No further updates on physical condition.