General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

Porsche's nondescript 919 colourscheme - apparently, from above, it reads 'Porsc Intell Perfo'. It should have read 'Porsche Intelligent Performance', but clearly they hired the same bloke who designs stage sets for Spinal Tap.

s1_1.jpg

Is anybody going to be watching the 12 hours of Sebring? It's live on Motors TV from half one tomorrow afternoon.

Missed the first couple of hours as I was out taking photos for the local America Football team this afternoon, missed the Viper catching fire which was rather scary looking at the replay.

However did manage to catch Matteo Malucelli pulling into traffic for no apparent reason what's so ever. This was the same car which was invovled in the big smash at Daytona last month when Memo Gidley ran over him as he was crawling back to the pits.

Link to online stream here - http://www.imsa.com/camera/united-sportscar/live-broadcast

Indycar legend Gary Bettenhausen has passed away at 72. He was part of the Bettenhausen dynasty, including his father Tony (killed at Indy in 1961) and his brothers. I only remember the tail end of his career when he drove Buick powered cars at Indy but he was racing for about three decades before that! Really fast driver, especially considering he had some sort of permanent injury to his arm.

Michael Dunlop at the TT last year was fast....I knew that, but this fast! Well damn man that's just insane.

That is incredible, what a great video.

Michael Dunlop at the TT last year was fast....I knew that, but this fast! Well damn man that's just insane.

I do worry for him. He sometimes looks a bit unhinged to me in interviews.

If you haven't read it I would recommend a book called 'That Near Death Thing', which has some interesting insights in to the Dunlops including a curious family feud.

Edited by CooCoothenoo

I'm doing a race experience day at Knockhill in a couple of weeks. Did it about 10 years ago with my son and really enjoyed it.

Bringing a mate this time and looking for a track guide to give him the heads up for racing lines and braking points etc but can't find anything.

This is obviously included tuition on the day but would be nice to know beforehand. I remember an ad in Autosport years ago for a book featuring every UK track for racing drivers so assumed there would be something online too.

Government consultation on whether they should change the law for roads to be closed in the UK for motorsport (rallies and the like) closes today. Had meant to do my own responses but completely forgot. Fortunately if you follow the instructions at the link below you can do it too. The more the better.

http://msa.informz.ca/InformzDataService/OnlineVersion/Ind/bWFpbGluZ0luc3RhbmNlSWQ9NDA2MjI0JnN1YnNjcmliZXJJZD05MDA5NjEzMTU=